Chapter 6: I get banished to the shadow realm

Authors note: Uh hey guys sorry this chapter took so long, I have been a bit stressed out with school and all that, so please don't expect super frequent chapters and all that because it probably will be like a two week period between uploads, because of school and well getting in the mood to write, sometimes its easy but other times its harder to get motivated. Anyways hope you enjoy the chapter and if you have any criticisms or anything to say at all then please don't hesitate to express them. ALSO poll is still up so if you haven't voted yet, vote I wanna see you guy's opinions. :) Anyway enjoy :)

I woke to Grover shaking me.

"The truck has stopped moving," He whispered "I think they're gonna check on the animals"

"Hide" Annabeth said while putting on her cap.

Grover dove behind some feed sacks and hope he looked like turnips. I was reacted to late, but I felt a tug in my gut and suddenly I felt cold for some reason, but I didn't move.

The trailer doors creaked open. Sunlight and heat poured in, but I still felt cold.

"Man!" one of the truckers said, waving his hand in front of his ugly nose. "I wish I hauled appliances." He climbed inside and poured some water from a jug into the animals' dishes.

They didn't seem to notice me even though I was in their direct line of sight, sure I was in the shadows but still it would be obvious that I was just sitting there. Oh well if they don't notice me then that's good.

"You hot, big boy?" he asked the lion, then chucked the rest of the bucket right in the lion's face.

The lion roared in rage.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the man said.

The trucker threw the antelope a squashed-looking Happy Meal bag. He smirked at the zebra. "How ya doin', Stripes? Least we'll be getting rid of you this stop. You like magic shows? You're gonna love this one. They're gonna saw you in half!"

This guy is a sick bastard, I hope he gets what's coming to him soon.

The zebra, wild-eyed with fear, looked straight at me.

I could tell it wanted to run as soon as possible and I didn't blame it I would too if I was it.

Suddenly there was a loud knocking on the side of the trailer.

"What do you want, Eddie?" The trucker inside with us yelled

"Maurice? What'd ya say?" The voice outside which must've been Eddie's-shouted back

"What are you banging for?"

BANG, BANG, BANG.

Outside, Eddie yelled, "What banging?"

Our guy Maurice rolled his eyes and went back outside "Fuckin idiot" I heard him mumbling

A second later, Annabeth appeared next to me. She must've done the banging to get Maurice out of the trailer. She said, "This transport business isn't legal."

"No kidding," Grover said. He paused, as if listening. "The lion says these guys are animal smugglers!"

"We've got to free them!" Grover said. He and Annabeth both looked at me, waiting for my lead I just rolled my eyes and gave them a 'that' look.

Outside, Eddie and Maurice were still yelling at each other, but I knew they'd be coming inside to torment the animals again any minute. I whipped my sword out and slashed the lock off the zebra's cage.

The zebra bowed and leapt out of its confinements.

Grover held up his hands and said something to the zebra in animal talk, it sounded like a blessing.