>17<

i almost choked on my water once i looked at the cover of the newspaper.

"so you're telling me, you want ME to be put onto the cover of the newspaper?" i asked after gulping down the water.

"i mean yeah, you're a hot topic around school and i think people will start reading the newspaper after they see the picture with you and a bunch of hot guys." jangjun smiles upon looking at the cover again.

i scoffed, "seriouslyy, you can't put them on the cover without their permission."

"that's why, i'm gonna be blurring their faces, and then people who will see the title will be captivated and curious as to why the most 'unpopular' girl was surrounded by many boys." he waved his hands in front of him visualizing the affect this could have.

i rolled my eyes, "thanks for including the unpopular word."

...

jangjun blinked countless times whilst looking at me with his hands clasped together, he seemed desperate to make this happen.

after a few moments i gave in, "you know what, fine. but only cause' it's a hot topic." i emphasized the hot topic.

"yeeeeaaahahyyyy!" he cheered.

>>>>><<<<<

"woah do you think yana is dating one of them?" some girl said while i was in the stall.

"i don't know but isn't she in the newspaper club? why would she post something about herself being caught up in a scandal?" the other girl laughed.

there was a moment of silence and i assumed the girl shrugged to her friends question, "probably for attention."

i breathed in, trying not to lose my shi-

"well it worked cause she definitely got my attention." they both laughed before leaving the washroom.

my fists tightened thinking about the situation that just occurred and i grabbed the toilet paper out of disgust.

>>>>><<<<<

i walked out of school to see jangjun having a conversation with shinwon.

wait.. sHIwoN???

i backed up seeing him but that didn't last long when i was pushed back outside by a group of students who were behind me.

"yana! shinwon is here." he signed to come over and i did. jangjun did not have to call me out like this.

"hey." i was able to mumble and he returned it with the same energy.

"ah anyways i have to go somewhere with joosun, catch you guys later." before i could say bye he was already on the run.

man, did he fall hard for her.

i stood awkwardly and got a few stares from passerbyers.

"look i don't think we should be caught here." i mentioned.

"it's not like we're dat-"

i cut him off, "okay yeah i know you don't have to mention it. we aren't dating,yeah okay but once you become an idol wouldnt people recognize you?"

"i told you, i could just change my appearance a bit."

i rolled my eyes, it wasn't gonna be that easy to change your whole appearance unless he was gonna get plastic surgery.

"but still!" i argued back thinking about the newspaper.

"then, owe me another date and i'll promise not to be caught with you." his eyes told a different story, they weren't the playful eyes that i was always used to; rather they were determined.