Doc inched closer and planted a soft kiss on Bdubs lips.

Bdubs instinctively kissed back.

A few months ago Bdubs would have been ecstatic to be this close to Doc, but now he was having trouble even brewing up a single spark of passion.

Doc didn't seem to notice as he pulled away.

Bdubs was becoming more and more convinced that they weren't meant to be.

'Cause it's not love
When you don't talk anymore
And it's not love
When I never meant something to you

Bdubs folded himself into Doc's arms, expecting to feel the warm fuzzy feeling that usually came with being hugged.

No such feeling came.

Bdubs sighed, not being able to remember the last time he and Doc had had an honest conversation.

Their entire relationship had just been Bdubs wanting Doc to love him back.

And that never happened.

They truly weren't meant to be.

So why did I
Ever catch
These stupid feelings
I knew
When you told me I was cute
That I was dreaming

Bdubs bit his lip, hands curling into fists against Doc's bare chest.

He had felt the other breaths even out, indicating the creeper hybrid was asleep.

He felt like such an idiot for falling for someone that could never love him back.

Someone he was never meant to be with.

So now
I'll try and tell myself
My feelings have no meaning
They have no meaning....

Bdubs tried to kill his feelings.

Doc didn't love him back.

It was unclear if Doc could even feel love.

Bdubs was so hung up on the idea of loving Doc that he never thought about actually loving him.

He bit his lip and tried to hold back the tears, not daring to move a muscle for fear Doc would wake.

It was stupid for Bdubs to think that he was anything more than a fuck buddy to Doc.

He should have never thought they were meant to be.

'Cause it's not love
When you don't talk anymore
And it's not love
When you make me feel like I'm a bore
And it's not love
When I was the only one who's waiting
And it's not love
When there was no chance of you saying I love you too...
I love you too...

Bdubs fell asleep with heavy breaths and a heavy heart, knowing what he'd have to do tomorrow.

And I don't know
If I'm in love with you
Or the idea of loving you

Doc stood by the stove flipping bacon. It was Saturday morning and he had a craving.

He had carefully gotten out of bed so as to not wake Bdubs, and the bacon was almost ready.

He wasn't entirely surprised to hear Bdubs enter the kitchen.

He was surprised, however, to hear what the builder had to say.

"We need to talk," Bdubs said, conviction in his voice.

"Yeah, 'course. What's up?" Doc asked, speaking in a very cautious tone.

"This.. us.. we.. aren't going to work." Bdubs said, all of the preparation he had done in the mirror disappearing in the heat of the moment.

"What do you mean, babe?" Doc said, turning his full attention to Bdubs, knowing full well what he meant.

It's unclear
I mean I used to feel so sure
But I might just be immature

"I mean we need to break up. I've thought about it for a while.. and.. this isn't going to work out- for either of us." Bdubs lowered his voice slightly. "You're amazing, and beautiful, and kind, but just.. not for me."

Doc nodded wordlessly, momentarily at a loss for words.

It had been coming for a while, they were never meant to be.

"I'll pack my stuff up and leave by tomorrow." Bdubs turned to leave, but Doc quickly lurched forward to grab his hand.

He turned the builder around, holding him close. They studied each other's eyes for a second.

Doc planted a soft kiss on Bdubs lips.

"I'm sorry we didn't work out."

I've been
So stuck on you for so long
That it's hard
To tell myself I may be wrong
———

And then they had breakup sex

Jk.

I had a sudden wave of inspiration and wrote this in like an hour have mercy wpdjjwhqhwhbe

On another note I'm having a sever case of writers block so don't expect much.

-yours, affection-less