Education of the Past.

When Lucas woke he was alone in the bed. The room was quiet and he felt the most alone he had ever felt in his life.
Eliott.
He still was his first thought when he woke and his last thought before sleep.
He'd never felt pain like this.
So much worse than when his dad had left him.
Worse than when his mother had been taken from him.
He didn't want to move. Not an inch. Just stay suspended in this nothingness.
His eyes were sore from all the crying.
His voice raw.
But deep down inside him the anger still raged, a hot swirling anger in the pit. Threatening to burst again.
His tired blue eyes drifted to the nightstand where he phone sat.
He'd turned it off as soon as Manon had arrived.
He knew he should call or text back his friends but the thought of having to voice his own stupidity to them made him want to vomit.
What could he say?
Eliott lied. Again.
Eliott why?
Why did you do this to us?
Why am I never enough?
Never good enough.
Lucas felt his stomach clench and he sat up quickly just barely making it to the bathroom before throwing up.
He stood and washed his face, rinsed out his mouth before brushing his teeth.
He looked at his own reflection in the mirror and didn't recognize his own face.
There were bags under his red rimmed eyes. His face pale.
When had he become this person?
This shell of himself.
When had everything changed when he wasn't looking?
He forced himself to dress and then forced himself to read all the texts from his friends. Careful to avoid reading the many from Eliott.
He couldn't yet.
He wasn't ready to face it.
Face the fact that they were indeed over and there was no coming back from this.
He heard voices in the other room and headed to join them.
They sat in the small cozy living room both on either side of the couch. Both these beautiful brunettes, unaware of that beauty.
They both looked up from their conversation.
"Good morning" Lucille smiled sadly at him.
He knew she knew exactly how he felt at this moment.
"Hi"
Manon got up to hug him close.
"I was thinking we could go for a walk. It's beautiful out." She smiled lovingly at him "Lucille says there's lots of fields to trample through"
Lucas didn't have it in him to refuse. So off the three went into the beautiful sunshine.
They didn't speak much as they walked but more enjoyed each other's company in silence.
This place was beautiful.
Peaceful.

He looked towards Manon and smiled, taking out his phone

He looked towards Manon and smiled, taking out his phone. Taking a picture.