"Do not!''

"Do too!''

"Do not.''

"Do not.''

"Do too!''

"So you agree, huh? '' I asked innocently.

"Oh, you conniving little thing! '' He growled playfully. Wait, growled?

"We're here. ''Alec announced, making me curious as to where he got us. I looked around and saw we were parked outside a path that was meant for hiking. It was dark outside and the only light in the vicinity was due to moonlight.

"We are hiking?'' I asked slightly unsure, because I was wearing ballerina flats and they were definitely not meant for hiking.

"You don't want to?'' He hesistantly asked.

"I can't hike in these shoes, Alec.'' I said in a duh tone.

"Oh.'' He looked relieved. "Well, do you want a piggy back ride?'' He grinned.

"Of course.'' There was absolutely no way I was going to hike in flats and get them dirty too. Plus, I'd be saving my energy, so why not?

"Hop on.'' And I did.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and placed my head on his shoulder. He smelled so heavenly that I breathed his scent. It was so exotic and tasty, yet it made me feel safe and at peace.

"Did you just sniff me?'' Alec asked, his voice laced with amusement. Of course, he noticed. It was so freaky that he did. I just didn't understand how he did it!

"How do you do that?'' I grumbled, my cheeks burning up in embarrassment.

"Do what? ''

"You know, it's like you can see through anything I do, or the faintest thing I murmur. It's like you have advanced senses or something. '' And as soon as I said that, I could feel his body tense up slightly.

"You're just easy to read, and do you honestly think so much about me?'' He asked with a nervous chuckle.

And then I noticed we were deviating from the main path. What is he doing?

"Alec, you're going the wrong way.''

"I'm taking you someplace special.''

"You know that sounds like something a kidnapper or rapist would say, right? '' I said, with a raised eyebrow even though he couldn't see me.

"That mind of yours', Riley Chance, is one of kind.'' He laughed, making his body shake and me too.

I loved his laugh. There was something so alluring about it. I just wanted to hear it again and again and again. A part of me would do anything to keep on hearing it again.

And that thought scared me.

I was getting attached. My plan had been clear, earn money and leave. I don't know what I was doing anymore, I had a plan and I was straying from it. A part of me wanted to be with him and another part of me wanted to run away. I didn't know from what or who, it felt like staying would hurt too much.

I remember my Mom would always say, "Riley, in the battle of heart and mind, your heart always wins. ''

But I didn't know which part was what.

Suddenly, Alec stopped. "We're here.'' And all I could do was gasp. It was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. From this point you could see the whole of Millerton, and the forest cover next to it. The lights in the houses looked like stars from here.

"Alec, it's so breathtaking.''

"It sure is.'' I looked at him and saw him staring at me. I blushed, when I understood whatbhe meant.

"You are so cheesy.''

"Only for you.'' He said with a goofy smile.

"Oh, stop it.''

He stared at me for some time with a indecipherable expression.

"What?'' I asked self consciously.

He took my hands in his, erupting the sparks I always felt with him, but this time with such a great intensity, that I almost stumbled.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Riley Chance?''

**********

Here's Chapter 10!

Anyway, how are you guys?

Question of the chapter : What are your Christmas plans?