Chapter 27: An indecisive mission

Start from the beginning

Zane rested head on his arms above the table and looked at Alexandra with twinkling eyes.

"By any chance, is miss ice cube worried for me?" He innocently smiled.

"On the contrary. Your death would be a hassle to deal with, that's all."

Alexandra was so firm there was no way she could get swayed by such impudence. But deep down, Zane had a hint of expectation.

"If you may, please elaborate."

"I was told that one must write a letter to Erido and physically hand it to the post office. But there's a secretive catchphrase you need to know to get accepted. Fortunately, I got Matt to blurt it out. All we have to do now is write a letter in cursive handwriting to them with it and wait till we receive a reply."

"Very well, please do so."

Zane goggled at Alexandra with embarrassment. Even if he said nothing, his face told Alexandra everything either way.

"You wish for me to write it?"

"That's right! I'm horrible at those twisty words so best I dictate, you write."

Unwilling at first, Alexandra's nose crinkled slightly. Eventually Zane convinced her with abundant effort despite the fact they were rarely on similar terms the whole time.

"No, Mr Adriel, I will not write Howdy, evil cult in the letter." Alexandra debated before the ink even touched the paper.

"Then how about you start with Greetings, fellow cult, I am Za-"

"Halt right there, we cannot use our real identities."

"Don't write it like this, it looks bad."

"Use rich vocabulary, Mr Adriel."

"Stop objecting to everything I say!"

"I would if you were not this foolish."

The immature disagreements lasted for half an hour. Zane Adriel was the first individual in a long time who Alexandra couldn't keep under her control. No matter what the earl did, Zane listened only to himself. Despite being inexperienced with reality, his determination was immeasurable. Alexandra knew only one person with such personality, she didn't want to be reminded of that.

Alexandra and Zane finally came up with a satisfactory letter ready for application. In it, Zane introduced himself as Avery Clarke, a young bloke with strong hatred towards Demons. The letter was ended with a queer phrase Erido followed.

Wipeout of impure, betrayal of evil, vision of retention.

Just those words themselves were mind boggling. Alexandra Allura, being a Demon, knew who impure was targeted for. Her carefree life would have to be sacrificed if she didn't take action soon.

The letter was handed to the post office anonymously. All they had to do now, was wait for a reply.

After exiting the post office and preparing to go back to their respective tasks, the problematic duo ended up crashing into Noah Desmond-the last person both of them wanted to see on duty.