----------------

Kristof was not surprised when Egan ran to him the next morning as if he was waiting for him to make an appearance.

"Did you miss me?" asked Kristof, carrying him out and picking Zephyr and Callias as they headed for breakfast. All other pups were adopted. No one has asked for Callias despite how bright the child is and they all knew it is because of his age. He is 13 already and most wolves are traditional and want to raise the pups from childhood to form a bond. The pup seems to be taking it in spirit for now. Kristof wanted to have a talk with the pup but for now, that will have to wait.

Zephyr ran over to Vasileios who was in the living room of the royal living quarters. The hunter smiled and picked up Zephyr and nodded to Kristof and Egan before starting a conversation with Callias. Kristof walked over to Zacchaeus who was on the opposite side and sat down next to him with Egan in his arms. The Elder King looked at the pup and Kristof gave a small nod.

"Good morning Egan," said Zacchaeus. The child stilled in his arms, alert. He looked at Zacchaeus as if he can read minds. The kid was confused. After all, no one has called him that name in a year. Does he even remember his name?

"Me," said Egan, the first sound to leave his mouth, his voice cracking from disuse.

"Yes, you," said Zacchaeus. Kristof felt his heart expand as the child spoke.

"Egan? That is a nice name. Why would you hide such a beautiful name?" asked Callias, beaming.

Zephyr clapped.

Zacchaeus carefully watched Egan's expression. He is sure that the pup was scowling at fellow children for their enthusiasm. He tried to talk, the pup, but no sound came out. He looked at Zacchaeus and Kristof as if asking for help.

"You haven't spoken in a long time right. It will take time," said Kristof. Egan nodded looking displeased. A prissy prince, alright and Kristof was absolutely in love. He looked at Zacchaeus and saw the same fondness there.

"We can always do vocal practise. I will help you. You see Ingram stopped talking after witnessing an attack when we were kids. It took him some time, but we did it together," said Niles as he came down with Stefanos.

Niles smiled at Egan who looked at him suspiciously, nose scrunched up.

---------------------------------

Later, Vasileios led Zephyr and Callias out to the practice arena. The kids sat on the side as the practice happened. Niles had Egan in his arms as he walked in with Stefanos and Vasileios gawked. Stefanos snorted.

"Why are you surprised? He had the entire Antonakis family's trust and affection on the first week," said Stefanos. Vasileios nodded. Of course, Niles gained the child's trust. He sat down next to the other two pups who and launched into an eager discussion about fighting techniques.

Callias walked in awe as the practice went on.

"Can I wield a weapon, Alpha Hunter?" asked Callias.

Vasileios looked at him and gave a nod. He turned and called Oviro who walked over.

"Oviro, this is Callias. He is 13 and wishes to wield a weapon. Can you take over?" asked Vasileios.

Oviro nodded in assent and looked at Callias.

"I am the Chief of Warriors. Accompany me," said Oviro. Callias followed excited and with trepidation. They reached a section where many weapons were laid out. Oviro nodded to the table.

"Before you select a weapon, why do you want to wield one?" asked Oviro.

"I want to protect," said Callias firmly. A strong alpha in the making, without a doubt.