Found Family

Chapter 27

Kristof rushed to Egan's side as soon as Herbato left. The pup was still asleep. He looked so peaceful as he slept. He moved the hair from the pup's face. Having grown up with parents who loathed his very existence, he can relate to the trauma the pup must have gone through at this age. It is terrible to even think about. He felt a warm, familiar arm around him. He leaned back into Zacchaeus. He turned and met his husband's eyes.

Zacchaeus raised his hand and wiped Kristof's eyes before the tears could fall and pressed a kiss on both his forehead. They sat there silently, in each other's arms as they watched the pup sleep.

--------------------------------

Vasileios felt his heartache as he saw Zephyr who was beaming at him.

"Vas," he beamed. The Hunter Alpha almost smiled. The child has taken to calling him Vas like his family does.

"My Frog Prince. What pray tell are you doing awake at this time of the night?" asked Vasileios. Zephyr sulked.

"No sleep," he said.

Vas stepped forward and sat next to him.

"Who put you to bed?" asked Zephyr.

"I did. He is still awake, is he?" asked Kristof from the door. Zephyr flushed.

"Sorry. No sleep" said Zephyr.

"You could have told me that, pup," said Kristof, ruffling his hair.

"How is Egan?" asked Vasileios as he moved Zephyr's books from his bed and made him lay down.

"He is asleep. Your brother is with him. I just came to check on the pups. You will be here?" asked Kristof.

Vasileios nodded.

"Right. Sleep on time," said Kristof, ruffling his hair and left.

Vasileios smiled as he sat down on the bed next to Zephyr and started reading him a story. Sure enough, the pup was soon asleep. He tucked the kid in and left.

---------------------------------

Once Nikolas calmed down, he noticed Eilam was sulking a bit. He was amused.

"Are you still jealous pup?" asked Nikolas as he entwined their hands on their way back to Pack House. Eilam did not say anything.

"He is a human and wouldn't know how instinctual it would be for you to jump on him in a rage so soon after our mating. That's why I asked you to-

"I know. But I still didn't like that he touched you," said Eilam, grumpy, his arm now wrapped around Nikolas who was looking at his alpha fondly.

"You can mark me all over again," quipped Nikolas. Eilam's nostrils flared. He picked his naughty omega up and ran for the packhouse and straight up to their chambers.

----------------------------------

Niles was silent. Stefanos wrapped his arms around his omega as they sat on their bed.

"Are you okay?" asked Stefanos.

Niles met his eyes.

"My brother could be suffering every moment that I am safe here, blessed with a family- you," said Niles, his voice breaking as he hugged his alpha tight.

"We will leave as soon as the pups are sorted out and we will only return with Ingram if he wishes to accompany us," said Stefanos.

Niles nodded, taking a deep breath, but clinging to his alpha. Stefanos smiled when Niles fell asleep soon after. He laid his omega down and joined him, pulling a thick blanket to cover them. The winter was still a month away but the chill was already setting in.