How She Dreams - Part 6

So I know I said that I probably wouldn't post anything for a while but I got up this morning and had to write this down. This is another section from Marc's view, as I said about the other part I don't know if this should be in the story or not but I find his view very exciting so I'm including it. If you have trouble understanding this part I'm sorry I don't know if this is something you have to be inside my head to understand. Either way I hope you enjoy it. Please comment and tell me what you think it would mean the world to me. Thanks :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   On Sunday morning Marc jumped out of the car, waved goodbye to his mom and quickly shut the door behind him. The car drove away leaving him on the sidewalk in the industrial section of town. He took a deep breath of crisp morning air attempting to clear his head, the streets were mostly empty, other than the few early morning travelers. Marc mentally prepared himself for the destruction of his life goals, knowing that the consequences of the pervious night were hanging precariously over his head waiting to fall on him sometime today. He felt like a man sentenced to death by guillotine, a sharp knife dangled over his neck as he waited for the executioner to end his life.

   As he stood in front of the familiar metal doors he hesitated for only a moment before letting himself in. Inside the building the old warehouse still smelled of rubber tires and had a sharp smell of metal. Although they had bought the building many years ago the company was never able to get rid of the sent left by the previous owners. The smell was familiar to Marc and comforted him slightly as he headed on his normal path to the back room. Fifteen minutes later Marc emerged wearing a new set of clothes and appearing much more awake than when he arrived. He wore a pair of blue jeans with a soft yellow t-shirt, on his feet he had on comfortable white running shoes that he knew were not going to be white by the end of the day.

   Standing in his place under the bright stage lights he began to sweat, not because the lights were hot, he was used to that, but because this was when things were going to go wrong.

"Lights, camera, action" one of the Dream Catchers stood behind the bulky camera and signalled to start. Marc began to recite his lines, as he continued to talk and interact with the other Dream Makers in front of the camera he began to calm down. Maybe they won't know, maybe I will be ok. Marc felt secure while he preformed, being on stage or in front of an audience was the one place Marc did not feel scared.

   Suddenly there was a crash and the sounds of commotion in the front section of the building that had been turned into the Dream Catchers and Dream Programmers offices. A man stormed out of the offices, his face contorted and bright red with anger. The man was heavy set with a round face to match is round belly. He had a small crop of gray hair on the top of his head that seamed to shrink every day leaving him balder than previously. He was wearing black dress pants with a white collard shirt tucked into the front of the pants and not the back, making him look dishevelled. His blue tie was askew and his small crop of hair was standing every which way as if he had tried to pull the hair out of his head. Marc had never seen his boss look so unprofessional and it came as a shock to him.

"Marc!" the man's voice boomed and echoed across the warehouse. Inside Marc shook with terror but he kept a calm façade.

"Good morning Mr. Fuller, how are you today?" Marc's voice shook revealing his true fear, but Mr. Fuller took no notice.

"Marc, what did you do? The signals are different, we can't get a connection without re-programming!" Mr. Fuller was shaking with anger as he advanced on Marc. As he came closer he reached out and grabbed Marc firmly by the shoulders. "You must have seen her, that's the only reason the frequency would change, when the Key's transmitter meets its Dreamer's transmitter, that's the only thing that will change it!" Marc didn't know how to respond to his boss, all he could do was stand in the grip of this man who determined weather his future would go as planned. "Marc!" the man was now screaming he shook Marc's shoulders making him look like a rag doll in the arms of a two year old. "You can not interact with her, you are her Key and you know that!" Marc nodded, he did know.

"I am so sorry Mr. Fuller, it was an accident we just happened to run into one another I never saw it coming!" this time Marc's voice was steady with all his years of performing backing him up.

"You should have been watching and keeping track of where she was." Mr. Fuller sighed and let go of Marc's shoulders "I guess I can't fire you, it would make even more of a disruption in the project, and when you're not running into the Dreamer I must admit you are good at what you do. But this is a warning, you must be more careful or else I won't mind the inconvenience of firing you." Mr. Fuller turned to the rest of the Dream Makers "Now since we have to reprogram, the signals are going to be weaker so we need to drop down to level two which puts us back a few weeks in progress." Mr. Fuller looked distraught and tired, as he turned to leave he shouted back over his shoulder "Get to work!"

   The rest of the day ran as it normally did, in front of the camera the Dream Makers performed their sections in preparation for the next few nights. This meant that Marc was working all day as usual, as much as he loved to be the Key he would have liked to be given a break to eat lunch and go the washroom. Instead he was required to be in front of the camera as long as the Catchers were filming, only in between shots was he allowed to grab bites of his lunch.

   When they were finished at three Marc's head was pounding from the transmitter in his brain connecting to the camera as it had to for filming. The transmitter always gave him a headache after the days work was done. When he had first had the transmitter implanted in his head they had told him he would get used to it and that it would stop bothering him soon. Despite what the company and the surgeons had said he still received headaches, Marc tried not to complain about them but sometimes he couldn't help it. The pain worried him but it worried him more that his complaints would lead to the company firing him.

   Luckily the transmitter never physical bothered him at night when it was once again connected to the studio. Sometimes during his sleep he would be caught in the transmission and would re-act the scenes he had already preformed. He didn't think this was a normal occurrence for Key's to experience but it never gave him a headache as filming did. Most of the time it was fun to be inside of the girl's head for real instead of acting without her around. Marc never told any of his co-workers about this experience instead he kept it as his own little secret. This was the only thing the company did not know about him, they knew everything from were he went to school to what his favourite food was. Marc told him self that he kept this experience private for his own safety. He didn't want Mr. Fuller to find out and make him undergo a transmitter replacement surgery. Although this was a serious concern Marc new that he had a deeper motivation than his own safety. He was intrigued by the girl he worked with, even though she was oblivious to her involvement in the project. Transmitting into her dreams was the only way he had contact with her, he was not going to give that up.

   Although he had never met this girl he knew everything about her, he had to, that was his job. He and his transmitter were the connection between her and the studio. The better he knew her the smoother were the translations. The company allotted specific time in which Marc could get inside her mind and get to know her better. What Marc found so fascinating about her was her could spend hours in her mind and yet he always found something new to learn about her. Marc had been inside other peoples minds during his training but he had never seen a mind that was as expanse as hers.

   Marc knew that he should not be so interested in this girl, it was against his contract to interact or feel emotions for the Dreamer. It was the most important rule for Marc to follow, other than to keep the company and its business a secret, he was to never come in contact with his Dreamer, Chloe Acker.