12

"So what do you think about this one? "

I took in the projected illustration on the white board and pursed my lips. "I like the drama here. I think a clutch should go with it. "

He pocketed his hands and cocked his head, looking back at it. "What color? "

"Silver. "

"Note that down. " He said and with that I jotted down my notes. We were going through his latest designs before he presented it and I was his personal critique. Somehow, he just felt my opinion mattered.

When I looked back up, a new illustration was up.

"I have second thoughts about presenting this. " He stroked his chin.

"Why? "

"It's.... different? " He returned his gaze to me.

"I think it's unique. Maybe it's because your signature style has a special touch. But I think people would know that this is something only you can pull off. "

"So you think I should go with it? "

I nodded. "Sure. Why not?"

He gave me a small smile approaching his laptop on the desk just as my phone buzzed. "Okay then. That is a plus one. "

I flipped my phone over to see a new inbox from James.

'Boyfriend: Roses are red, violets are blue
Since I woke up this morning, I've been thinking of you. ;)

I swallowed the laughter crawling up my throat and texted.

'Me: Who are you and what have you done to my boyfriend? PS, poems are not your thing. '

'Boyfriend: At least it got you smiling. I can't wait to see you tonight. '

I considered his text, noting the fact that I hadn't finished the illustration I had to submit to my boss in two days time. I needed as much time as I needed for the time being.

'Me: I'm not sure If can make it. '

'Boyfriend: So I have to take alternative measures. Fine. '

'Me: There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind. '

Boyfriend: We'll see about that....

"What do you think about adding a lace choker too the deep neckline gowns? "

I looked up from my phone at my boss's  question and took one good look at the projected illustration.

"A choker? Don't you think that would be giving people too much to look at? "

He paused. "Yeah but that's the point. "

I chew on the insides of my mouth, pausing. "I really don't think it's necessary in other for you to pass your message across. "

He cocked his head as if considering what I said then gave a nod. "Yeah, you're right." He said and as if on cue, his phone vibrated on the table.

"Excuse me, I have to take this. " He muttered grabbing the phone and moving to a corner of the office.

Few moments later, he came back, a small smile on his lips.

"Are you doing anything tonight? "

I quirked my brows in surprise. I couldn't read through the grin he gave me. But when he threw glances like this at me, he reminded me that there was still the unspoken matter of he admitting that he had a thing for me.

"Not really. Why? "

"How about I treat you out to dinner. You know, just a thank you. "

I faked considering it by pursing my lips. "Well, the thing is I have a date with my boyfriend. "