22

Harry is half asleep as he lays in bed contemplating whether he should do his homework or take a nap. He thinks his choice is obvious when his eyelids feel heavy and they fall closed.

His phone buzzes seconds later and he groans but grabs it and squints an eye open curiously because he was still waiting for Louis to call.

Lottie: hope you don't mind that i'm on my way over to hang out because i miss you but i also come with food

Harry rolls his eyes playfully with a smile on his lips because it was so like Lottie to just show up whenever she pleased but bringing food to make up for it. Anne loved Lottie, so it's never been a big deal especially since she missed having Gemma around, so it was just like having another daughter in her eyes.

He rubs at his eyes before sitting up in his bed expecting Lottie to barge in soon since his Mom has a bad habit of leaving the door unlocked unless it was nighttime.

She walks in a few minutes later with a pizza box in her arms. She's beaming as she speaks, "Your Mom was so happy to see me again, she's glad we're speaking again."

Right, Harry had almost forgotten that just last month he was ignoring Lottie and not speaking to her. He knows he owes her a long-overdue explanation, and it's the least he can do after being such a terrible friend while she was nothing but good to him.

"I'm glad too, I never apologized for it and I'm sorry Lots. You are such an amazing friend, and it was so wrong of me to just ignore you instead of telling you the truth because we're supposed to tell each other everything." Harry says softly and Lottie moves from the now-closed bedroom door over to sit next to Harry on his bed.

"It kinda hurt I'm not going to lie, but I already forgave you. I just still don't understand what happened between you and Louis that you couldn't tell me?" Lottie asks and Harry rubs his fingers through his hair preparing to tell Lottie everything.

And he does, he starts from the night they kissed while Lottie was fast sleep on the other couch, and how the day after Louis asked them to remain just friends because he was with Eleanor again. He tells her about how hurt he was but tried to get over it, until the lake house where things changed drastically, they kissed and touched each other and it finally felt like Louis was really going to be his, and then he wasn't because he had run back to Eleanor again.

He tells her how heartbroken he was and how he had told Louis he wouldn't tell anyone about it not even her. He wanted nothing to do with Louis ever again and then he got together with Daniel to numb the pain.

Obviously, that was one of the worst mistakes he's made because she knew how that ended. He hesitated before telling her about Eleanor faking her pregnancy because he doesn't know how Louis feels about her knowledge, but he didn't want to keep secrets from her anymore.

He tells about how when Louis told him about the pregnancy he thought was real at the time, that he confessed Eleanor was not the person he was in love with and he still wasn't sure if that meant he was talking about him.

"Of course he was! He wouldn't say that if he wasn't talking about you. That girl is so fucking crazy though I can't believe she made up such a lie to try and trap my brother. She's evil for taking advantage of how nice Louis is." Lottie says as she eats her pizza and listens to Harry.

"Do you think so?" Harry sheepishly asks with a flushed face as he thinks about Louis being in love with him.

"I know so, he's my brother I can read him like a book. I'm just so happy things happened between you two because I knew you would be perfect for each other. I'm sorry he hurt you though that's shitty on his part and I'll be giving him a well-deserving punch later. I just also wish you would've just told me sooner we didn't have to suffer a whole month of being apart." Lottie pouts and Harry sighs before pulling her into a small hug.