Chapter 11 - Vanstock

Ever since that second time the two had hooked up, Hyde and Maura had spent a lot of time hanging out and hooking up. Of course, the two were keeping it a secret from the rest of the group and also continued to push their growing feelings for each other away. Maura had finally started to feel better and accepted her mother's death and had even joined the gang back in the basement. This weekend the group decided it would be fun to get away and go to Vanstock. Once Eric had convinced Red to let him go, everyone began to pack, hoping it would be an exciting trip. What Maura didn't know was Laurie was also going to be in attendance. Maura was still unaware that Kelso was cheating on Jackie with Laurie and everyone knew that the second Mo found out, she would inform Jackie right away.

The gang had decided to take Kelso's crappy van to Vanstock because not only did it match the theme, it could comfortably sit more people than the Vista Cruiser. Maura crawled into the back of the van with Jackie and Donna, hiding Jackie so she could surprise Michael. As Hyde crawled in, he automatically went to sit next to Maura. Mo gave Hyde a look, trying to tell him not to sit next to her, but he didn't seem to take the bait. Mo felt shivers run up and down her body as his fingers brushed against hers and he didn't seem to be in a rush to pull away. Maura gave him another dirty look, but Steven was still oblivious and missed the very clear signals she was sending him. Thankfully as they got onto the road and Jackie surprised Kelso, Hyde moved up to the front.

"So, you kids havin' fun? Nothin' like a road trip to get to know each other," Steven says, smirking with that mischievous look in his eye. "Yeah, right," Kelso mutters, not sounding very enthusiastic. "Like Jackie and Laurie. They don't really know each other and yet, they have so much in common," Hyde says and Maura looks up at the front, trying to figure out what he was up to. "Like what?" Jackie asks, taking the bait. "Oh, well, you both have really neat hair," Hyde says and everyone looks at him like he is crazy, but soon were even more surprised when the three of them began to sing the theme song to Three's Company. "What the hell is going on?" Maura asks, still completely in the dark. "I'll fill you in later," Donna sighs, clearly not happy about something.

They finally arrive at Vanstock and everyone is just glad to get out of the van and away from Jackie and Laurie's terrible singing. Maura wasn't surprised that Vanstock was kind of grimy. There were girls running around covered in mud searching for their tops and a man yelling about acid. Mo was just hoping that at some point, she and Hyde would be able to sneak off, grab a few beers, and smoke a little. She was just hoping he would refrain from singing popular theme songs.

After exploring the campsite for a while with Donna and seeing some frightening people, the sun started to set and Donna was ready to go back to Eric. Maura caught up with Hyde and they had found a place to sit and drink the beer they stole from a group that had taken the blue acid and were currently in the medical tent. Maura had gotten up to go get more beers and when she got back, Donna was there; without Eric, and she and Steven were talking. Mo missed the beginning of the conversation, but as she sat down in between the two, making sure to leave more room than necessary between her and Steven, she caught the end of their conversation.

"Give him a break, Donna. I mean, the guy kisses your ass. He does everything for you, and you're not even sleeping with him," Steven says, defending Eric. "Uh, I don't know what we are talking about, but Donna doesn't have to sleep with Eric, not now not ever, if she doesn't want to," Mo cuts in and Hyde rolls his eyes at her feminist antics. "Yeah okay, whatever you say. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Eleven? And Donna, you're lucky he even talks to you. - Uh! In fact, I would have dumped you months ago. But, you know, I'm old-fashioned, so -" Steven says Maura slaps his arm as Donna tries to hold in her laugh. "All I'm saying is that you are allowed to wait until you are ready, don't let him pressure or guilt you into anything, and I was not eleven, that is disgusting!" Mo says, laughing softly, happy to be surrounded by her friends. "Okay, Mo, Hyde, thanks for the heart-to-heart," Donna says, getting up. "Ah, get bent. All right. Well, I'm off to find the jugs that fit this top. Like Cinderella. Excuse me, miss?" Hyde calls out to a girl and starts to walk after her.

Maura couldn't help but feel her face get red and her stomach drop at his words. She was feeling insecure and jealous so she began to walk back to the van. She might as well go to bed since Hyde was going to be preoccupied with some random naked girl. There was no reason for her to get upset over Hyde's statement. They weren't dating. He could do whatever he wanted with whoever he wanted, wherever he wanted. As Maura laid down on the nasty carpet in Michal's van, she became lost in her thoughts and it became impossible to stop her mind from racing.

Before she has time to calm down, Hyde jumps in and pulls the door shut, and it is clear Maura is upset. "Aww is someone jealous?" Hyde teases as he sits next to Mo, his hand rubbing her thigh. "Shut up, we both know I would look way better in that top than the muddy bitch who lost it," Maura says, gaining her confidence back and grabbing the front of Steven's shirt, pulling him in for a passionate kiss. As the kiss escalates and the two start to discard their clothing, there is a knock on the van door. "Fuck," Mo mumbles and pulls the sleeping bag over her naked body and face, trying to hide from whoever is trying to get into the van.

The door opens and although Maura can't see it, there is a goofy grin on Kelso's face. "Well, aren't we all cozy? So, you found the girl who lost her top?" Kelso asks, trying to get a peek at Mo, but thankfully it is too dark. "Umm, you could say that," Hyde says, laughing nervously, trying to remain calm. "Well like, can I get in on the action or at least get a peak? We don't have topless girls covered in mud in Point Place. Well maybe we do, but not hot ones," Kelso says as he goes to pull the sleeping bag off of Mo. "No man, get out!" Hyde yells as he punches Michael's arm like he has done a thousand times. "Ow!" Kelso yells as he stomps away.

Hyde pulls the door shut and Maura pushes the sleeping bag off of her face. Hyde collapses on top of Mo, laughing into the crook of her neck. "God that guy is an idiot," Mo says rolling her eyes as Hyde begins to laugh even harder and Muara soon joins in with his contagious laughs. "Thank god Kelso didn't know it was you, we probably wouldn't have been able to get rid of him if he had figured it out," Hyde mumbles as he leans in and kisses Maura softly. "Please stop, I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about that," Maura giggles as her fingers play with Hyde's curly hair and the kiss intensifies, the two spend another amazing night together, still managing to keep their hookups a secret.