𝕥𝕦𝕝𝕚𝕡

𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝓊𝓁𝒾𝓅: 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝒹𝑒𝒸𝓁𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

 𝓎𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝓊𝓁𝒾𝓅: 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒

x

felix hadn't come in that day. seungmin was once again left in the flower shop completely alone, sighing as he leaned dramatically over the counter. he was bored out of his mind, desperately wishing for something, anything, to happen so that he wouldn't have to be bored and alone anymore.

it was almost as the universe had heard his many pleads for something interesting to happen. the bell above the door jingled and in from outside rushed hyunjin, making seungmin's heart race. hyunjin had decided to come in twice that week?! it was tuesday, the boy had come in the store the previous day. seungmin grinned; he was always happy to talk to hyunjin. upon seeing the black-haired boy's expression, however, his happiness slowly faded into worry.

"good morning, hyunjin," seungmin said once the boy had reached the counter. seungmin studied his face, frowning. "is everything okay?"

hyunjin ignored his question, crossing his arms over the counter. "good morning. i need a blue arrangement today."

seungmin nodded, wondering what was going on. he turned away from hyunjin, scanning the flower wall for the flowers that he thought would look nice together in an arrangement. he silently made the arrangement, a feeling of uneasiness developing within him as he worked. the air around them felt... different, and seungmin didn't know why.

seungmin had finished in no time, looking up to hyunjin nervously, waiting for approval. hyunjin, of course, liked the arrangement, a small smile forming on his previously serious face. seungmin hesitated, unsure as to whether or not he should give the boy extra flowers that day.

of course he would. how could he not? giving hyunjin flowers had definitely become a habit by that point. seungmin turned away, humming lightly as he looked for the perfect flower. he smiled as he spotted the tulips, deciding that he would give hyunjin a red one and a yellow one. he took hold of the stems, turning around to hand them to hyunjin. the boy took them, studying them. after a moment, he looked up, eyes meeting seungmin's.

"so, i looked up the meanings of flowers last night, like felix told me to."

seungmin's heart dropped, his jaw lightly falling open before he composed himself. he plastered a smile onto his face, praying that hyunjin couldn't see right through it.

"oh, you did?" seungmin asked, his grip so tight on the counter that his knuckles had gone white. "it's cool, right?"

hyunjin stared at him blankly for a moment. he then nodded, the serious expression never leaving his face.

"did you mean all of those things when you gave those flowers to me?"

and, just like that, seungmin felt like he was about to either pass out or die. he remained silent, hating how fast his heart was beating, hating every single second that passed by without him giving a response. he tried his best to calm himself down, sighing quietly. he would just have to tell hyunjin the truth.

"yeah, i meant it," seungmin sighed, eyes flickering down to the floor. "i really, really like you, hyunjin. ever since the day you first came in, i thought you were so beautiful and i wanted to tell you, but i didn't know how, so i gave you flowers, because i assumed you didn't know their meanings. but now you do know."

seungmin felt his cheeks heat up, accidentally having said way more than he wanted to. "i'm sorry if it makes our friendship awkward, or something. we can just pretend that never happened, if you want."

at hyunjin's silence, seungmin glanced up to meet his eyes.

"you... really like me?" hyunjin asked quietly, looking down at the tulips, turning them over his hands gently. seungmin nodded, sighing.

"i'm sorry," seungmin said. "let's just forget this ever happened, okay?"

hyunjin looked up suddenly, seungmin studying his face, trying to figure out how the boy was feeling.

"i don't want to forget," hyunjin said quietly, and seungmin wasn't even sure that he had heard hyunjin properly.

"you... what?" seungmin asked, wanting hyunjin to repeat what he had said.

"seungmin, i like you too!" the brightest and prettiest smile formed on hyunjin's face, and seungmin's jaw dropped. hyunjin liked him back?! seungmin beamed back, feeling as if he was soaring through the sky. he was so happy.

"why didn't you tell me sooner?" hyunjin asked, and seungmin bit his lip.

"i was too scared. i almost did once, but felix interrupted us." seungmin frowned, recalling the moment. hyunjin reached over the counter, taking hold of seungmin's hand, making his heart leap at the touch.

"you don't have to be scared anymore," hyunjin said, smile never leaving his face. "seungmin, would you go on a date with me?"

the brunet beamed, giving hyunjin's hand a squeeze. "i would love to go on a date with you."

seungmin admired the boy's face, finding him so beautiful. he was elated, so grateful that hyunjin had liked him back after all.

hyunjin gave him that sunshine smile again, and seungmin was happy.

x END x

thank you all for reading tulips, yellow! i truly hope you've enjoyed and i hope that i was at least able to make you smile, even if it was for a little bit. thank you, and i love you!

- shelby

tulips, yellow ✔ → seungjinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें