Welcome to the Wedding

Sam's POV

"Wow, it's so pretty." Sam said in awe, looking at the lines of pale brown benches, only three rows,  stretching across the grass. A pale gray pathway stretched down the middle of the benches, patches of blue dotting the apple green grass along it. At the end of the pathway, an alter, the same pale brown as the benches, with a blue arch overhead, wrapped in green ivy.

"Yeah, the decorators did a good job since Dean didn't want a traditional white wedding." Gabriel commented, stepping out of the car. They were in a small parking lot, a few cars already there, though otherwise it was deserted. Sam took a deep breath, his wonder showing on his face, only for him to look down as Gabriel began straightening his tie.

"You okay?" Gabriel asked as he fixed Sam's suit. The nurse had began asking him that question a lot, especially when he first woke up in the morning. Sam figured it had something to do with his memories, but he never pressed the shorter male, until now.

"You know you don't have to worry about me, right? I'm perfectly fine." Sam replied, smiling gently. Gabriel let out a sigh, hugging the boy and kissing his forehead out of habit. Sam didn't mind though. It always made him feel safe.

"I know, it's just that..." Gabriel trailed off for a minute, as if trying to find the right words. "When you wake up, you have your old personality, and... I don't know. It upsets me to hear you so sad and in so much pain." 

Sam had no idea on how to reply to that. Sure, he had learned exceptionally quick, picking up things faster than even Gabriel had thought would be possible, but seeing Gabriel upset always made his brain feel as if it were shutting down. So, instead of speaking, he hugged Gabriel tightly, enveloping Gabriel into a warm hug.

Eventually, Gabriel pulled away, offering Sam a small, sad smile before motioning towards the building. "Why don't we go in and meet some of my family?" Gabriel suggested, his voice tentative and quiet.

Sam nodded and together they made their way to the building where everone will wait until the wedding was about to begin. As the doors opened, a few people glanced their way, but otherwise they weren't noticed. Sam instantly grabbed Gabriel's hand, feeling a little shy about meeting so many strangers at once. Gabriel squeezed his hand comfortingly, smiling over at him.

He lead him towards the corner, where a man with a brown hair and beard stood, leaning agains tthe wall as he stared at his drink. He looked up as Gabriel and Sam approached, a smile crossing his face.

"Well, if it isn't my son. How are you doing Gabriel?" The man asked, his eyes flicking over to Sam then back to Gabriel, who only beamed.

"Doing good, dad. My nursing job is going really well." Gabriel said, tugging Sam a little bit closer. "And this, is my friend Sam. He's the guy I was telling you about the other day." The nurse said brightly, and the man shook his head, holding out his hand for Sam to shake, who took it hastily.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Sam. My name is Chuck and I'm Gabriel's and Castiel's father." Chuck said, looking Sam over in curiosity. But, if he was going to say anything, it was cut off.

"Sam?" He heard a soft voice behind him, though it sparked a familiarity that caught him off guard. He turned, coming face-to-face with a tall, though still shorter than him, man. Sam realized where he recognized him. It was Castiel's fiancé, Dean.

"Dean." Gabriel said with a warning, and Sam furrowed his eyebrows. What was Gabriel being defensive about? But if Dean noticed, he didn't say anything. He just stared at Sam, who was starting to get a little uncomfortable.

"W-where have you been? I've been looking for you, ever since you left." Dean said, pausing to take a shuddering breath. Sam felt confused. Why would Dean be searching for him? "You didn't call to let me know you were alive. You didn't answer when I called to tell you about John's death. You left me, and now you come back on the day I'm supposed to get married? We're family Sam! Family is not supposed to disappear for a month without a word the  come back like nothing is wrong!"