I Know What I'm Fighting For

Hello all of you! You probably hate me now because of the last two chapters, but it's too late now. Anywho, I wanted to thank all of you for reading this story and stuck with me as we finally near the end of this story. As you might have guessed already, this is the last chapter...

Just kidding!

No, actually, there is one more chapter after this, so this is the second to last. How am I going to resolve this? To make it happy like I promised you ask? Well well well, why don't ya read and find out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel stared at the pale lavender coffin as it was lowered into the ground, his head bowed in farewell to Madison. Although he hadn't known her that well before Sam had come to live with him, she had been kind and supporting and even became something of a friend that had helped care for Sam. He honestly regretted not becoming friends sooner.

He looked over at Madison's parents, who were quietly weeping. Gabriel felt his heart twist with sadness as he looked them over, the mother unable to say anything around the sobs that were escaping her throat. The father was mainly silent, the tears making their way down his face. He had a blank stare, as if he couldn't quite grsap what was going on.

Gabriel turned his head away, not wanting to look anymore.

As the coffin reached the bottom of the grave, Gabriel took his leave, unable to stay for any longer. He needed to get home to Sam anyways, who was staying there with Madison's dog, Dean, and Castiel. 

It had been an awkward exchange when they were at the hospital, especially when he walked in to Dean explaining to Sam what he had forgotten, at least the good parts anyways. It was when he walked in that the Winchester had begun to explain who exactly Gabriel was to Sam, who just listened with a blank stare.

Castiel had been the anchor for both of them. Without his comforting hugs and occasional words of encouragement, Gabriel was sure he would have broke down again except this time, he wouldn't have been able to recover. It was hard, yes, but it could have been so much worse.

So, Sam had agreed to go hom with Gabriel, to try to regain his memory while he was with him. The nurse knew that Sam didn't, he would probably leave to live with Dean and Castiel, at least until he got on his feet. So, they decided to give it a couple months.

That was two weeks ago.

Gabriel knew that despite almost having a month and half left, he was beginning to get pressed for time. So far, Sam had no recollection of anything of the past, and no hint of even have a chance of remembering.

There was some days when Sam seemed to remember something, or was trying to. Gabriel had walked in on Sam studying the toaster, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He mouthed the word toaster over and over again, as if trying to remember where he had seen this particular toaster.

Then Sam placed it down and walked on without giving indication that that moment had just happened.