I Don't Understand the Luck of this Boy

Sam's POV

A noise reached Sam's ears, jerking him from the nice dream he had been having in a sharp gasp; which  was disappointing because he didn't have good dreams often. With a reluctant sigh, his eyes slowly opened, meeting the sight of his white ceiling as a yawn escaped his lips, slowly sitting up. He began to stretch, smiling as he felt his joints pop then relax, that is until he heard the noise again. It was short and sharp, both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

So he got up in his curiosity, quickly dragging a t-shirt over his head and onto his torso. He had discovered the new beauty and chillness of sleeping without a shirt on, finding it was much too hot otherwise. When he was finished, he padded out of the room in soft steps and down the hallway, soon entering into the cozy living room. He froze when he saw Gabriel sitting beside a woman with brown hair and bright eyes, a strange creature panting at her feet. It was golden, and had a long narrow mouth and dark brown eyes. Gabriel must have heard Sam walk in despite him being as possible because he looked up as he walked in, a smile spreading across his face.

"G'd morning Sammy. This is Amanda Mars. She lives next door." Gabriel introduced, motioning to the brown haired girl. Sam waved a little suddenly feeling shy, moving over and sitting by Gabriel, making sure to avoid the side she was on. "I was wondering if you would go with her while I go to work? Madison is sick and she can't make it today." Gabriel said, his eyes full of hope. Sam wanted to reject it. He didn't even want to go near the girl, but he knew how much Gabriel's work meant to him.

"Yeah, I'll go with her." Sam mumbled, leaning over and hugging Gabriel's arm. He didn't know why he did, because he didn't understand the jealousy that was forming in his chest. He was showing Amanda that Gabriel was his, despite not realizing what he was doing.

"Okay" Gabriel said happily, hugging Sam gently. Sam smiled, glancing over at Amanda, who seemed unfazed by their affections. Gabriel kissed him gently on the forehead, running his hand through his shaggy hair before standing heading out the door. Sam watched him go before taking a deep breath and facing Amanda.

"Well, I was hoping that we could go run some errands in a minute. Do you mind?" She asked, her voice calm sand a bit formal, as if she was trying to get him to relax before becoming more open, which worked just fine for Sam. He nodded and she smiled, reaching down and patting her creature.

"Then I'm going to take Bones home real quick. Can you get dressed and wait for me?" Once again, her words were met with another nod, and she grabbed the strap that was attached to another strap around...Bone's neck, the creature letting out the noise that Sam had heard earlier. She led him towards the door, and Sam turned away, heading back to his room to get dressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam let out a tired sigh as they finally got back to Gabriel's house. It had been a tiring day, getting groceries, picking up Amanda's kids - who were quite fun - and now, Amanda was bringing him home since Gabriel was supposed to get home any minute.

"Well, we're here." She said, smiling over at him. He had to admit, she was nice, but this morning kept running through his head, and he just couldn't bring himself to like her. He nodded and opened the door, sliding out and heading up the porch. He heard her pull out of the driveway, but ignored it as he slipped into the door.