Don't You, Forget about Me

Sam's POV

Only three more days until the wedding. Sam thought, feeling a sense of excitement as he looked out the window, watching as the sun began to rise. Lately, he had gotten into the habit of looking at the sunrise, finding it rather pretty to watch, especially when the birds' songs mixed with the morning.

When the sun had turned the sky a pale blue, he stood, running towards Gabriel room and sliding open the door. The nurse was sleeping, his face buried in his pillow as a soft grumble of sleep escaped from his throat.

Sam grinned and snuck over, standing beside the bed and began to mentally count. One....two....three! He thought, pouncing onto Gabriel with a happy yelp. "Get up! The sun's already rising, sleepy!" He said happily, hearing Gabriel groan under the weight of Sam as he sat on his back.

"Yeah, yeah" Gabriel groaned, raising his head. Sam grinned and slid off of the nurse, letting him flip over and sit up, watching him stretch with a mild innocence. Despite the mumbles that Gabriel was making about having to get out bed this early in the morning, a smile was still on his face as he leaned over, kissing Sam's forehead before heading to the shower.

"Why don't you go watch TV until I get done showering?" Gabriel offered, and Sam nodded, hugging the nurse once before hurrying out the door. He  walked down the stairs, hearing the shower spray turn on in the distance before it slowly faded out as he reached the living room.

He grabbed the remote and hit the red power button, the TV springing to life and the sound following a second later. He watched the mindless cartoon as it played out, a bit of confusion crossing his features when one of the cartoon creatures ran off a cliff, stayed there for a second, then fell. Was that really how it worked? He wondered, debating on whether to try it or not.

Suddenly warm, slightly damp arms wrapped around him from behind, and felt the soft weight of Gabriel's head as it rested on top of his. Sam smiled, letting himself relax as the cartoon finished and commercials came on before moving his out from under Gabriel's and looking up at him.

"Hi" Sam said, a small smile playing on his lips. Gabriel looked down at him, returning the smile before he leaned down and squeezed Sam gently, letting go a minute latere. Sam got up and followed Gabriel as the male started walking to the kitchen.

"Want some breakfast?" Gabriel asked, though he already knew the answer. Sam answered excitedly with a yes, making Gabriel chuckle as he got to work making some bacon and eggs. They've yet to find Sam's favorite things to eat, but he liked most things Gabriel made, so the giant didn't mind too much.

Sam let his mind wonder as he waited on the food, staring out the window and onto the road. Leaves were strewn all over the yard, their fall color beginning to lose its brightness as it slowly became duller. 

That's when he noticed the dog limping across the road. It was white with golden fur tips, the front right paw bloody and mangled. Sam felt an instant sadness swarm over him, and he glanced back at Gabriel, who had his back turned as he cook. Quietly, he slipped from the kitchen and out the door, walking towards the dog.

Sam paused when he heard a noise of a vehicle, his eyes widening as he saw the dog walk onto the right side, a car appearing at the exact moment. Not sure what he was doing, he ran straight towards the dog, reaching out and grabbing it as he heard the squeal of tires as they struggled to pull the vehicle to a stop, strange words ringing his head.