From the Minds of Learners

Sam's POV

Sam stirred under the light that filtered from the window, slowly opening his eyes. He yawned, rubbing his eyes slowly before looking over, feeling that something was missing. He realized the Gabriel wasn't there, a small shade of panic going through his chest, but relaxed when he saw the man pass his door.

Sam, curious on what's beyond the door, slowly sat up and placed his feet gingerly on the ground. He wasn't sure where he would go, but he knew that he couldn't stand only laying in bed all day. So as he tested his balance, he realized that his right foot couldn't touch the ground, his eyes following to something hard that was plastered over it.

He frowned, leaning down and running his fingers of the strange object. It felt rough to the touch, and almost painful to run his fingers over it. He let out a soft noise of confusion, straightening back up and moving towards the door. He noticed that the...IV was still his arms and pursed his lips, his gaze tracing the tube over to a small metal hook that held a bag of clear liquid. 

He walked over to it curiously, noticing it had wheels. He grinned and grabbed it around the middle, tugging it with him and letting a small laugh of accomplishment when it went with him. He walked over to the door, his footsteps naturally silent except for the small thump the hard shell around his leg made, and opened the door, looking at the hallways in wonder.

He looked both ways before going to the right, walking slowly as he tried to take everything in, from the different colors on the walls, to the different symbols by the door that he couldn't quite read. There were so many things and it felt like an explosion of information in his mind. He was stopped from this amazing time, however, when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder.

He turned to see a pretty girl standing behind him, her blonde hair in curls with a round face, and glimmering eyes. He tipped his head, noticing she was wearing the same clothes as Gabriel did. He glanced around, just now realizing that there were several people walking past in the same blue clothing. Did they all share? He wondered, only to be distracted when she spoke.

"You shouldn't be out here by yourself. Patients have to have supervision along with them." The blonde girl said, her voice firm which made Sam flinch. He didn't understand what she meant by supervision. Was it something you had to have? He was about to ask her where he could get a 'supervision', but she turned, taking his hand and starting to lead him back down the hallway.

"What was your room number? Do you remember it?" She asked, glancing back at him. His frown only widened and he narrowed his eyes. Room number? He wondered, glancing around again. He didn't know where he was. All the hallways looked the same to him.

"What's a...room number?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. She stopped, looking back at him with confusion. The poor girl didn't know about Sam's situation. "And do you know where Gabe is?" He didn't give her time to answer  his first question before asking another, already more concerned on where his friend was more than anything, though his question was answered when Gabriel rounded the corner.

"Oh, Jessica, thank God you found him." Gabriel said in relief, walking over to the two. The girl, who Sam was guessing was Jessica, smiled at Gabriel. Sam however, hugged him tightly, grinning from ear to ear. He had been wanting to see him again since he didn't get to this morning.