Slapping my hands down onto the table, I let out a huff of air. "So how is that fair to me?"

"I'm a senior. My parents came the first three years and now they're bored. Yours haven't been, and so you should invite them."

"Yeah, yeah."

I'm saved by the waitress coming up to take our order. I happily order my Ramen bowl and an Oolong tea. I love, love, love Oolong tea. The only drawback is that it's quite strong, so I'm going to be up all night tonight. It's worth it. Once the waitress leaves, Shy picks up right where he leaves off. Of course he does. This guy is relentless.

"Luna?"

"Hmm."

"Are you embarrassed by me?"

"What?! No! How could you even think that?"

"Um...look at me," he holds his arms out and leans forward. "I'm not exactly the type of guy a girl wants to bring home to mommy and daddy. I'm usually a parents' nightmare."

"That bad, huh?" I laugh and he rolls his eyes. "I'm not embarrassed by you, Shy. Listen, I'll call them and let them know about the festival if it'll make you happy. Just don't count on them attending."

Shy smiles and so do I. Our food has arrived. That was fast.

-#-

I cannot believe how festive everything is. The school really went all out with their decor and vendors. The campus looks like a mini state fair with rides, games, music and food trucks. This is so cute.

Me, Kiki, Alex and Shy are together walking around, and I'm secretly wondering if my parents will show up. I spoke with my mom a couple days ago, and she said they would be here. Fashionably late, I suppose. Whatever. I don't care if they do or not. But if they didn't, I wouldn't have to explain Shy. I really don't want to tell them he's my boyfriend.

It's not that I'm ashamed of him. He could be anybody. I just don't want them knowing I have a boyfriend at all. They're going to make my life hell. I just know it. I shouldn't have called them.

On the plus side, our group of four is looking very cute if I don't say so myself. Kiki and Alex are kind of twinning, but I don't think that was their intention. They're both wearing leather riding jackets with black jeans and boots. I'm not going to bring this up to Kiki. If I do, I just know she'll run home to change. Nothing gets under her skin than couples wearing matching outfits. Pulling out my phone, I take a secret pic of them from the back. I'll show it to her later. She's going to get physically ill. Tee hee.

Shy is his usual self with black jeans and chain belt, much like Alex. But, today, he's changed things up a bit wearing black sneakers, a plain white t-shirt and black jean jacket that has fashionable holes spread over it. Interesting, interesting. Never pegged him for a jean jacket type of dude.

As for me, I decided to wear a really pretty orange skater dress with a scoop neckline. It's a fit and flare so it's really swishy. The orange is a perfect autumn color. What I also like about this little number is that it has a textured diamond pattern to it. It's really cute. I paired it with all black Converse giving my outfit a Halloween vibe.

I also opted for a high ponytail. Kiki has her hair down, which fits her aesthetic. Looking at my friends' style, I don't really fit in with my group. But, it's okay. Shy doesn't seem to mind that my style doesn't match his. Although, I'm kinda curious to know if he really doesn't mind. I want to ask him, but I won't. I don't want him to think I'm weird.

"Ooo, I want some nuts!" Kiki heads over to the nut stand.

"You don't need to buy nuts, babe. You can have mine," Alex tosses, chasing after her.