1//V + Se

1// V + Se

"Fuck, 11 na! I'm so late for my enrollment!" Nagmamadalling sambit ni Vana habang naghihintay ng open elevator pababa ng condo niya.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck this shit, shit, shit, shit...

Walang ibang tumatakbo sa isip niya kundi ang mga murang iyon, habang minumura rin sa isip niya ang mga bote ng alak na tinumba niya nung gabi. She almost sprinted as soon as she heard the ring of the open elevator at her right side, even though she's the only one waiting for it on her floor.

The button for the ground floor is already pressed, assumingly by the only person inside the elevator. Vana then wasted no time to ring her best friend's phone, which, to her relief, was answered right away.

"Ano girl, paalis na kami ng registrar!"

Vana didn't bother to lower her voice or to watch her language around the guy with her in the elevator. "Fuck you, Selenium! this is all on you! Kung di mo ko pinainom nun kagabi hindi ako malelate!" She impatiently taps her free fingers on the sides of her thigh as she watches the screen on top of the elevator door show descending numbers. This fucking elevator is too slow!

She heard the girl on the other side of the line laugh wickedly before giving a response. "That's on you bitch. Hindi ka malelate kung hindi ka natulog! Boba!" The second line made her roll her eyes in disbelief. Tanginang mindset 'yan!  Vanadium, in her attempt to not be deemed as too rude by the guy with her, took a deep breath to calm herself.

"You dumb ass bitch! Wait until I get there! Tanginamo parin!"

She cursed more under her breath, until she finally got a ride.

As if things couldn't get any worse.

"Sorry girl, ang tagal mo kasi! Wala nang slot para sa class ni Ma'am Carreon sa Microbio!"

Vana sighed in frustration and turned to the registrar once more. "Miss, Baka naman magawan ng paraan yan? I really can't take this class without Ma'am Carreon, she's the best in the field!"

"Pasensya na hija, pinilahan din kasi ng marami yung klase niya kasi nga magaling siya. I can still sign you up for two professors. Meron pang microbio class yung isang psych prof. Yung isa, I'm not supposed to say this, pero hindi magaling yung isa. Kaya open na open yung slots dun." She was dumbfounded. Hindi niya alam kung matatawa siya o ano dahil sa chikang nasagap niya.

"Ha? Sa psych ka nagpaklase?" Selene asked as she takes a bite of her cake. Mygod, this bitch needs to clean up her ears real good. Paulit-ulit e! Kasama ko na nga siya kanina sa registrar, hindi parin narinig!

I looked at her with a face that says 'I wish you know how dumb you are', before answering again. "Wala naman akong ibang choice! Sabi niya di raw magaling yung isa, tapos wala yatang nag enroll dun, ayokong makipag one on one sa prof na di magaling! Baka ako pa magturo dun!"

"Grabe ka naman! Baka naman may sama lang ng loob si ate girl! Baka binagsak siya dati or something!" I just watched her as she takes another bite of the s'mores flavored cake, her favorite. Ahh, ang sakit pa rin ng ulo ko dahil sa hangover at sa biglaan kong paggayak kanina. I didn't even get to wash my hair. I feel gross.

"I couldn't care less, Selene. I guess I just have to study harder ngayong hindi ako kay Ma'am Carreon. Bullshit talaga to e! Bakit mo kasi ako pinainom kagabi!" My hands automatically reached out to massage my temples after retorting. Fuck this hangover and enrollment!

Meanwhile, the purple haired bitch just made a face. "Nyenyenye! Bakit ka kasi uminom kagabi? Dumb ass bitch who can't even control herself," she pushed the coffee she bought as compensation for my troubles today towards me. "Uminom ka na nito para mawala na hangover mo! Mas mahal pa sa buhay mo yan!"

I made my right hand free to take the cup and have a sip from my coffee, while the other hand is still on my left temple. Damn, iced americano is really that bitch.

"Whatever. I'm not thanking you for buying me coffee as compensation for something that you put me into," I made sure the word you was emphasized, and that she understood. Although, I really don't like to shove it in her face since it was a time to comfort her from her break up with her boyfriend of five years. And I wouldn't say that that shit's strong since we found out that the guy was cheating for the last four years.

I chuckled as I subconsciously turned my eyes at my broken nails, after getting in a catfight with the uglyass bitch her ex was cheating with, two days ago. I left the guy at Selene's mercy, which, he never had a taste. Selenium cried on my shoulders after. The next day, I helped her do her hair and makeup, bought her new clothes, and we hit the club. That was last night.

"You should also pay for my nails. My long nails were real! It took me months to let them grow! Now they're ugly as that bitch!"

"Vanadium! Stop disrespecting your nails like that! They're way cleaner than that hoe."

"You right. Anyways, kanina," I paused to take another sip of my coffee. Itong si gaga halatang excited sa chismis. "What, bitch? Come on!" I just rolled my eyes before answering. "I shared the elevator sa condo with a cute guy! Kaming dalawa lang!" my face is probably showing a malanding kinikilig look, but I don't care. This bitch could only wish it was her.

"Pokesa ka! Late ka na nga nakalandi ka pa! Did you get the number?"

I almost choked. Pinagalitan pa ko, magtatanong din pala. "Of course not! I was too busy cursing you on the phone!" Hay, if only I wasn't on the phone that time.

"Kala mo naman talaga!" 

Haha, yeah. Kala ko nga naman talaga. As if I could come up to a guy and ask his number or name. 

"Being a doctor comes first, Selene. That's our fate."

Selenium made a smirk as she grabbed her cup. "Huh, two chemical elements aren't supposed to become doctors. But thanks to our parents and their fucking dreams--"

"Shush, Selenium. It's okay. My parents nor yours aren't to be blamed. Anyways, could you go with me to our lab at home? Guess I'll fuck around and might make our house explode before school starts."