Chapter 3 - A Volatile Teen Wolf

"Cass, stop touching my hair

"Cass, stop touching my hair. I'm fine." I swatted her hands away from my head as she kept shifting from foot to foot out of stress.

"You're meeting with the Luna, Reyna.you could've flattened out your baby hairs."

"You know my baby hairs are untameable."

"Miss Michaels? The Luna will see you now."

I gave my aunt one last small smile before walking into the Luna's office. Her assistant shut the door behind me as I faced the woman in charge of the pack.

"Reyna, take a seat." She smiled, sitting up in her chair and resting her clasped hands on her desk. "I'm not sure why you requested a meeting with me and not my mate but I'll do my best to help you."

"First, I would like to apologise for my early shift the other day at the bonfire. It wasn't intentional and I meant no disrespect to your family." I started, using my most professional voice. The last thing I needed was them upset with me once again.

"No need to apologise, I've seen this behaviour in my old pack in a young she-wolf like yourself." The smile on her face wasn't forced and I could tell she genuinely meant what she was saying.

"The reason I asked for this meeting was because I want to request a transfer of pack." I breathed, sitting up straighter and holding my shoulders back.

"Oh, I can't say this is expected, Reyna. As per policy, I need an official reason. Do you have one that I can write down?" Her brows furrowed as she reached into her desk drawer and pulled out the form she has to fill in that makes the transfer legal.

"Um, this is all confidential right? Like you're not going to tell anyone, including the alpha?" I tried to hide my concern in my voice but I don't know how well I did.

"If you don't give permission for this meeting and it's contents to be discussed then it is within my legal obligation to abide; any break in this allows you fair ground to report me and a punishment be delivered."

Luna Bethan was the nicest, most fair person I'd ever met. She's always been the person of power who keeps the pack running fairly and by all legal policies and rights. She keeps the alpha on check when his anger gets the better of him; all the while balancing her family and tracking the pack's expenses. She's an incredible woman.

"The other night, before the bonfire," I started, clearing my throat, "I got into an altercation with Chief Warrior Owen. He tried to pursue me forcefully so I may have, kind of, basically broke his wrist and possibly dislocated his shoulder." I looked away and averted my eyes, slightly embarrassed by my actions; despite the fact it was out of pure self defence. "It's not the first time something like this has happened. It's like he has it out for me - either in training or trying to get between my legs. The word 'no' has yet to stop him so I put a stop to him." I nodded slightly and tried not to show just how proud I was that I'd actually hurt a superior.