2 - encounter

Christa's PoV

As I ran, I regulated my breathing, so I don't get easily out of breath and after what seems like hours, I was certain I was at least a few miles out and away from the Night Moon Pack's reach. Believing no one would be able to track me and to be honest they may not have even realised I'm missing, it's not like they would care anyways.

So overall that means I should be safe until tomorrow morning where they'll question why I'm not up to make breakfast. So, before that happens, I must get as far away as possible.

And with that determination, I kept on running towards the north until I stumbled upon a beautiful and clean riverbank within the forest, glancing around making sure no one was around, thinking it would be safe to take a short break, I made my way towards the fresh water with a dry and sore throat, thirsty for some water as I reached out with both my hands to cup some water within it to drink. As I took my first sip of the water, I felt refreshed. Knowing the water is drinkable, I cupped more water in my hands to drink until I was satisfied, and my thirst was finally quenched.

I then washed my face to wipe away all that dirt and sweat I accumulated whilst I was running and then faced into the river revealing my own reflection looking back at me.

Now thinking back, I haven't seen myself in for ages and now that I am, I was quite surprised.

My skin was very pale, my short scruffy black hair was dirty and a mess, much like an uncleaned bird nest due to not washing it for I don't know how long. And as the omega of the pack, I did not have the luxury to take baths since it'll ruin the bathroom's clean environment, or that was what I was told by other pack members.

Looking up and down my body, I see a slightly malnourished little girl that was skinnier and smaller than any other average 14 years old, my usual light brown eyes looked dull and lifeless. My puffy pink cheek was now shrivelled and thin. All in all, my appearance would be a nice description of a beggar or a crazed individual on the run.

As I was thinking to myself, a sudden rush of pain coursed through my body, it was an unexplainable suffering, even worse than the abuse I suffered during my previous abduction but instead of screaming out in pain, I held it all in, not wanting to reveal my location to anyone nearby since I am currently alone in the world with no one I could trust.

And not long after the pain has started, my vision began to blur as tears slowly forced its way out of my eyes and little by little my unconsciousness was eating away at me until I finally fell into darkness.

As my consciousness laid within the darkness, I felt at peace, but I knew this peace would not last forever. Not wanting to die, I tried forcing myself to wake up from this comfort.

Not knowing how long it took me, by the time I finally opened my eyes once again, the sky was already about to darken, the sun was already beginning to rest as it sets from the horizon. Looking around I guess I must've slept for quite some time.

With my high senses, I could tell no humans or any other ferocious creatures around me, assuming I was safe, I tried standing up as I turned around with my crumbled body that felt like it was about to break at any moment along with my eyes shut due to the unbearable pain.

As I was finally able to lay on my belly, I placed by hand below my body pulling it up and then took a deep breath before opening my eyes but to my surprise, instead of seeing the light green grass laying below me, it was instead replaced by stains of ruby red blood which covered the field I laid in furthermore, instead of human hands, I have a pair of furry black and white paws.

Ensuring this blood was not from others, I looked around my surroundings wondering who's this blood is and as I was certain there was no injured body or even dead corpses around, I presume this blood I am seeing was mine all along.