However, I knew he couldn't stop me if I did it in front of everyone; that would only give us away, and the whole point of the Whipping was to trick people into thinking Logan didn't have a mate.

So he would be left with the choice of allowing everyone to find out we were mates, or watching me get whipped. I hoped it would be the first option.

Suddenly, I was brought out of my daydream by a loud knock on the front door, almost causing me to drop the piece of toast I was munching on. I had a feeling it was going to be Heather, wanting her stuff back, but I really didn't have the energy for her today. I was not in the mood.

I swung the door open, preparing myself to get yelled at, but my eyes went wide when I saw who was standing in front of me.

"Theo?" I whispered, my mouth hanging open.

"Quick, they're looking for me, let me inside!" begged Theo, pushing past me and slamming the door shut, pressing his sweaty body up against it.

"What the hell are you doing here? How did you get past the border without anyone catching you?" I asked, staring at him angrily.

Theo shook his head, swallowing loudly. "Your father distracted them whilst I ran, but they saw me and chased me, I think I lost them though."

"How did you know where I was?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Water, I need water!" gurgled Theo dramatically as he ran over to the faucet, drinking straight from it like an animal.

"Theo! Answer me!" I yelled.

"Be quiet!" he shushed, pulling the curtains shut. "I saw someone eating like a pig through the window, so I knew it must have been you."

"Very funny," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Seriously, you're going to get yourself killed! Go back!"

Theo shook his head, peeping through the curtains suspiciously. "No way, it's so boring without you. Plus, I don't like the way we left things, I needed to see you."

"I've only been gone one night."

Theo shrugged. "Can't blame me for missing you."

"Where's my father? You said he was the distraction? What if they hurt him?" I asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, he was way ahead of them by the time they figured out something was up, he'll make it back to your territory in no time without a scratch."

"Does Alpha James know you're here?"

Theo shook his head. "No, your father and I thought of this on our own after James decided he wasn't going to get involved anymore, but he'll figure out I'm gone soon enough."

"You have to go back," I growled, shaking my head.

"No, Eliza, I'm staying," announced Theo, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous Theo! That's not how it works, you can't just decide you're going to stay here."

"Eliza, I just want to make sure you're okay. I know what your father has done has hurt you, but please don't leave the pack because of it."

I shook my head, closing my eyes in frustration. "I told you I was going to come back. I need time away from everything Theo. It's too much right now."

"You need time away from me?" asked Theo, sadness flooding his eyes, a smirk making its way onto his face as he chuckled.

"Stop making me feel sorry for you," I laughed. "My brain feels crushed right now. Everything is confusing me."

"I just want to make sure you're safe here. Your parents are really worried about you," mumbled Theo, dropping his gaze.

"I'm taking you to Logan," I said, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him out the front door.

"You're still in your pyjamas," joked Theo, pulling him arm out of my grip.

I stared at him, my expression blank.

"Wait, you're serious? Why?" asked Theo, his brows furrowing.

"Trespassing is something that gets people killed Theo! I don't want that! We're going to go and apologise and ask for forgiveness and then you'll leave," I said as I gripped Theo's arm again, tugging him down the gravel path.

"I'll just leave now then, we know what happened last time Logan and I were within three feet of each other."

I shook my head. "They'll have this place surrounded by now. You'll get yourself killed. Logan can get them to stand down and let you leave."

"I'm not afraid of them, Eliza," said Theo, pulling us both to a stop, his frustrated eyes boring into mine.

"Why are you acting so stupid?" I growled, throwing my hands up in the air. I didn't need help. I didn't need saving. I just wanted to be left alone to think until all these thoughts and feelings passed. I was trying to do what I thought was right, but everybody kept trying to drag me in different directions.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I just care about you Eliza, and I couldn't sleep last night knowing that we left things the way we did. I didn't know if you were safe or happy. It was eating me up inside."

Theo's voice was no soft and emotionless as he sighed, running his hands through his light brown hair in frustration.

"Please Theo, if you care about me, go home," I said, sighing.

Theo nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. "Take me to Logan."

I nodded, leading Theo down the gravel path, trying my best to walk at a normal speed in an attempt to blend in.

Several guards walked past us, scanning the crowded village, but I would pull Theo behind me, trying to hide him within the swarm of people. Once we reached the path leading to Logan's home, Theo grabbed my hand, pulling me to face him.

"I'm sorry," said Theo, offering me a small smile before gently nudging me forward, encouraging me to walk on.

I felt awkward, and I didn't like it. Theo was already one of my best friends. He was the one who helped me stay sane and had helped keep my emotions at bay. I didn't like being mad at him.

I knocked on the door, taking a quick step back awkwardly as the door flew open, revealing a furious looking Logan.

"I was told someone was trespassing," he growled, his eyes shifting to a stormy dark grey.

I held my hands up defensively, stepping in front of Theo. "Logan, he's come to apologise. He wanted to make sure I was okay. Please just let him leave."

"You expect me to allow him to trespass on my territory and get away with it?" asked Logan, taking a threatening step forward.

Theo cleared his throat from behind me, stepping around me so he was closer to Logan. "I wanted to ensure Eliza was safe."

"Of course she's safe. She doesn't need you checking up on her," growled Logan.

"Alpha!" came a voice from behind us, and I turned to notice a guard sprinting up the path, his chest heaving. "We've got an injured on the border."

........................................................

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's a little longer!

Thank you for all your votes and comments!

Lots of love xxx