Prologue

Note: This story of mine has only been posted on Wattpad. If you are reading this on any other site or app, my work has been STOLEN.

It apparently rarely happened.

It was a story told to scare young wolves, but I never actually thought it was true...

After an Alpha had given up looking for their mate, and they needed a Luna to help run the pack, they would organise an event known as The Whipping.

Female volunteers from packs around the country would put themselves forwards if they wished to be in with the chance of becoming a Luna. There would always be at least a few volunteers from each pack, due to wolves being so power-hungry.

These she-wolves would be whipped in front of all the packs, again and again until their backs were red raw and blood covered. The last female remaining would be given the title of Luna, due to the Alpha only wanting the strongest wolf to help run his pack.

Most wolves gave up and quit as they couldn't take the pain, but some head-strong females would go until they were no longer breathing.

It was an ugly tradition, from years ago. I had never heard of one happening in this day and age...until that day...

Until I met him...

On the day of The Whipping...