•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○

(Emerald's POV)

I awoke slowly to find myself in an empty bed. I rubbed my eyes and sat up to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Sure enough... large deep green blankets that covered me were devoid of the other being who was suppose to be in this very bed with me. A small piece of parchment was on the pillow.

My little butterfly,
I had to go with Jimin to the North tower, please wait for my return.

~Your Jungkook

It was cute how he left me a had written note, but as I turned it over I noticed the familiar writing.. this was the small piece of paper someone had left me. Why would he write on a piece of paper that's already been written on?

I didn't get it. Until it hit me... he wouldn't write on piece of paper that was already used. Not unless... he didn't know it was used. He couldn't see what was written.. it made sense. I hurried out of the bed and put on a robe. I hurried to Ruby's room first, knocking repetedly till the red head opened the door and looked at me confused.

"Wha-"

"Come on! We need to talk to the other!" I urged and pulled her along with me. I did the same to our and sapphire, none of them seemed happy about being disturbed and rushed out of their rooms. We made it to Pearl's room and I didn't bother to knock. We filed into the room and Pearl was already up, dressed and having tea in her living room space.

"Well, good morning." She giggled at the sight of us.

"Pearl!" I rushed up beside her, taking a seat on the sofa nearest the chair she was sitting in. "Here. Look at this." I handed her Jungkook's note. She smiled.

"So you went through with it huh? Let him bed you?" She winked. I sighed, not that I was mad she was asking about that stuff.. but irritated she wasn't getting what I was getting at.

"No.. Look!" I turned the note over and Pearl looked confused.

"What? You wanted a longer note? More of a love letter?" She asked. I groaned.

"No.. you don't see it?" I asked. Sapphire and Ruby both looked over Pearl's shoulders. The two looking as confused as Pearl had looked.

"There's nothing there." Ruby said.

"Squiggles?" Sapphire added. "Nothing really." She confirmed. I didn't get why some could see something, though usually scribbles and nonsensical things. While others saw nothing but a blank paper, empty of words or anything. It was strange but then again... many things were.

"It's from them... but I thought they were gone? Wiped out? Only ones might be those who escaped to earth? Man... this is a mess.

"Are there any other books on them in the library?" Sapphire asked.

"No, just the books Lee had.. which I have now. And some old journals and stuff that were in that secret room." I answered.

"There's a lot we don't know about them I guess. One thing we need to know is why and how they're watching you." Ruby commented.

"I don't think that's the important bit exactly. I mean they left her a note, meaning they know where she is, they know who she is, who we are... yet they didn't attack her or kidnap her or anything. So that says a lot right there. Maybe... Maybe you should leave a note for them?" Tour suggested. "It wouldn't hurt to try and communicate with them, would it?"

"Hm.. You might be right." I replied. I'd thought about it briefly when I got the note but part of me was also afraid to do anything without some kind of guidance.

"You probably should try writing them back. I think it would be good try and get some answers." Pearl added. I nodded and stood.

"Alright, I'll try to write how they do, I haven't done it before so it might take me some time. I'll leave it in the library somewhere they should be able to find it if they really are watching me." I said as I moved to the door.

"I'll come with. You'll need someone to check and make sure no one else can read it, right?" Sapphire replied as she followed me to the door. I nodded as I opened the door, the two guards bowing slightly at us. We both waved and said our goodbyes to the others. I couldn't help looking around at everything now, knowing someone was watching me kind of gave me the creeps- Even though I knew they might not mean any harm. Sapphire and I made our way to the library, into the little secret room.

It took me a while to get the hang of writing like them, I didn't know how to do it but.. I just closed my eyes and thought about what I wanted to ask, what I wanted to say. Before I knew it my hand was moving along the page without me. I felt the words, like touching something solid. My skin was tingling, mostly in my hand though as it moved- The pen moved along smoothly and when I opened my eyes I hoped it had worked.

"That should be good enough, right?" I asked Sapphire as I handed her the letter. She was the one making sure I was doing it correctly. The trash bin filled with crumpled paper showed that I had been failing for quite a while before.

"Wow..." She said and chuckled a bit.

"What? Is it my hand writing? It's bad right? You can see it?" I rambled out the questions, nervous that I had once again fucked up.

"No, no... I can't see anything. I saw your hand move and you were writing but I couldn't see what you were writing. That is so freaking cool!" She looked excited, happy, impressed even. I smiled shyly and nodded.

"Thanks, I'm so glad it finally worked." I replied. I folded the piece of paper and kept it closed with some tape I had. I didn't dare try to use some fancy wax seal. I opened the secret door and looked at the books from the other side.

"Where are you going to hide it?" Saph asked. I kept scanning over the books till one caught my eye. I pulled it from the second shelf from the bottom of the middle section.

"Gothart's fairytails. Seems like a good enough place, right?" I asked but not seriously as I tucked the piece of paper between the pages of the book. I placed the book back in its spot as Sapphire exited the small room. We closed the door, both of us smiling.

"Well now we just wait." Sapphire said. "Come on, let's go check on Yoongi. He's been locking himself in the meeting room since he's been able to move around." Sapphire pulled me along with her. I too had worried about the King, second oldest, kind of quiet unless he had something to say. I think I knew him the least. With most of them I had stories from their wives, but Yoongi and even Jin were different. I didn't see much of them and we rarely interacted.
We made out way through the palace to the meeting room, I was just hoping Yoongi was in the mood for some company.