chapter seven

PSA: I do not speak French so everything written was from google translate. I apologize if it's not entirely correct! Feel free to correct me if you see an error. Thanks :)

 Thanks :)

Sabrina

          He was late.

          Of course the almighty Houston couldn't even show up on time to his own planned event. It was silly of me to arrive fifteen minutes early because I should've known he was one to have such poor time management skills.

I cursed at myself for being punctual — I could've slept in for at least another half hour!

I stood in front of the coffee shop with my book bag resting on my shoulders and a nervous pit in my stomach.

Ever since I woke up this morning, my insides had been twisted into knots. My heart was racing a mile a minute, meanwhile my fingers gripped the end of my tank top.

        I couldn't believe that I was actually going on a date — no, a tutoring session, with Houston fucking Bradshaw.

        Looking at myself now, I would've never pegged myself to be in this situation. Usually it was me giving students the tutoring session, but thanks to my lack of understanding the French language, I was on the other end.

       Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes for a moment and immediately put on my facade. This was merely a time where I would be learning, nothing else would come of this. I prayed that this would only take an hour, if it dragged on any longer than that, I would need to be put out of my misery.

Perhaps I was being just a little dramatic, but I simply chose to ignore my theatrics.

The bell on top of the door dinged as soon as I pulled it open. The aroma of freshly baked goods and swirls of coffee roast filled my nostrils, and I basked in its glory.

The Beanery wasn't that busy on this Friday morning, which made my lips turn up into a frown. It usually was teeming with college students or older couples looking for their daily caffeine fix. It was a cute little cafe sitting between two brick buildings; one a flower shop and the other a boutique.

         The walls were decorated with beautifully aged planks of wood painted white. The floors, which were a dark brown color, made the room feel cozier. There were a few tables in the corner, along with a couple booths and a bar for people to sit. It wasn't the roomiest of cafes, but its small space added to its homey appeal.

         Upon entering, I was immediately greeted by the barista. She was a sweet older lady whom was actually one owners. I remember hearing them tell their story when I first came here — two sisters with a dream to own their own coffee shop. That memory made me feel warm inside.