Chapter 38-Not playing fair

I almost spit the water that I drink upon hearing Jenna's words.

What? They will be each other's date on the ball? I clenched my teeth as a sudden pricked of pain I feel in my heart. I composed myself, reminding that I rejected his offer first so it's only natural that he will find another one.

"No worries since I also don't have a partner on that day." He casually replied. I did not miss his stolen glance at me, so I keep a straight face as if it was just and ordinary topic that passed by and it did not affect me, which is quite opposite to what I actually feel.

"How about you Alice, do you already have a date?" Miss Dianne innocently inquired. 

"Yes, I have," I answered with a smile.

"Oh, wonderful! Is it your boyfriend?" Jenna inquired, looking excited. Her eyes certainly look interested. I wonder.

"No." I prolonged the reply avoiding the gaze of Hyung-woo. I could feel his sharp gaze on me as he was seated opposite across with me while seated beside him was Jenna who eagerly took the seat when he seated first. "How about you Miss Dianne?" trying to change the subject.

"Yes, since I can't go empty-handed," she said while shrugging her shoulders. "He was a friend since at the University and we were close associates. Mind you, he is also hot!" she said while winking at me. I laughed at her gesture. 

"And who could it be?" Jenna inquired, looking curious.

"Hmmm. You'll meet him on the Ball," she replied in suspense. "By the way," and so we continue on the different topics while eating. 

After the sumptuous lunched paid by Hyung-woo, we went back to the company. Miss Dianne and Jenna went first talking animatedly together while I walked at their back together with him. 

"So, I wonder who will be your date," he said, talking casually to me while walking side by side. 

"A friend." I timidly replied. The truth is, I am feeling uneasy talking to him about it. I feel like I'm jumping in an unknown territory which is basically unlikely of me.

He did not comment about it and remained silent which bothers me again. I was silently battling with myself if I should steal a glance or not but this damned curiosity to peek at him wins. 

I caught my breath as I caught a glance of his darkened expression. Is he angry? Why is he making that king of expression? Seeing him like that made me want to grab his hands and hold him tightly. 

"Oppa." I had the urge to call him so I did in a small voice that I am sure he would be the only one to hear. He seemed to ignore me so I called him once again, grabbing the hem of his suit. He ignored me once again and a vein almost pooped out on my forehead. He is totally ignoring me.

I wanted to call him once again but we already reached the building and ride on the elevator silently. As we reached the floor of our office, he called on me.

"Follow me in my office." it was low but in an authoritative voice. We all flinched hearing his voice and the two other persons beside me looked at me questioningly.

I shrugged my shoulders at them. I, too have no idea why he sounded like that since it was the first time he had that look on his face, so without looking back, I followed behind him and closed the door as we entered his office. 

"Kyah!" I almost jumped out of my wits as he hugged me tightly from behind. 

"W-what are you doing?" I hissed in surprise, struggling to get off from his tight embrace. He immediately wrapped his muscled arms on me just before I turned around after closing the door. 

He snuggled his nose on my shoulder like a baby wanting to be pet.

"You are not playing fair." he murmured. God, I want to see his face. And which part I am not playing fair? Isn't he the one who is breaking the rule by catching me off-guard? I relaxed my hands and stopped struggling. 

"Oppa." I tapped his sneaking hands on my waist to loosen up, which he also did. So I took the chance to turn around and face him. I caught my breath as we were still so close to each. I hesitatingly wrapped my hands on his shoulder as his hands are still holding my waist. "Aren't you the one who is not playing fair?"

"How do you think so?" he asked innocently, holding me tighter as our bodies are getting closer. It was as if teasing me. How cocky.

"Don't you think you're abusing your authority, Sir?" I encountered though not doing any effort to separate myself from his warmth. 

"But you should get punished for not playing fair." he insisted and it starting to get on my nerves. 

"And what did I do?" I asked.

"For being like this." he vaguely answered.

"For being what?" I asked irritatingly. Patience my friend. Patience.

"For being too cute!" I almost dropped my jaw with his childish answer. "So you need to be punished."

"And what kind of punishment should I get?"  trying to play along though secretly, it tickles my heart. 

Instead of answering, he pulled down my turtle-neck and sucked the part where I covered the kiss mark that he made. I gasped with the sudden attack and hold him tightly as I feel a small sting at the same time pleasure on it. Damned! My mind was starting to get mushy, feeling excited at the same time. But just like a thief, the sensation was lost after he was satisfied with what he stole, my sanity and my heart.

"There." He smiled with satisfaction as he arranged back the cover on my neck and put a distance between us. I feel my face blushed ferociously.

"You-!" I almost retorted remembering that we were still in the office. I almost face-palmed myself remembering that I, too, responded to his advances. I turned around and walked away, wanting to escape from embarrassment. 

I went to the restroom, thank goodness I was just alone. I walked in front of the mirror and was surprised to see my reddened face. I calmed myself trying to bring back my composure while touching the part of my neck which he surprisingly attacked. Though I feel unfairness with what he did, somehow it undoubtedly washes away the dark feelings I had during lunch. 

"I will have my revenge." I murmured to myself thinking of a plan to caught him off guard. After a couple of breathing exercises and a retouch, I smiled at myself, thinking of a perfect way to bring him down on his knees.