Invincible

Hey, don't forget to tap that 🌟😊

~kasie~
I couldn't sleep last night which was super annoying and just then my alarm blared informing me that it was seven am already. I let out a groan and got off my bed, my muscles were aching and crying for me to just stay in bed but I can't do that, my mom will kill me if she gets phoned by the school to here that I didn't get to school and besides I can't tell her that I'm street fighter cus she'd probably be on me 24/7 and make me home schooled.

I got into the shower, letting the warm water soothe my skin.... unfortunately the words that Dwayne said started replaying itself on its own, I tried to shut it out but it wouldn't stop, I groaned again....why do I care....I'm not even his girlfriend I said to my self while stepping out of the shower. I dried my hair, slipped into light blue pants, an grey top and a white hoodie.

I took out my phone and saw missed calls from Sophie, then called her, " hey.....I just saw them....I'm sorry, my phone was switched off....yh..... can you pick me up....thanks". I made a two sandwiches and packed them up, immediately I got out of my house I saw Sophie's Bugatti Veyron packed right in front of my house, I walked towards the car and got in, " are you crazy?" She asked and I gave her a confused stare, " we aren't even in winter yet" she added and I giggled, "no I'm not crazy and I caught a cold last night" I lied sniffling, " oh, sorry about that" she said then stepped on the gas.

She was really quiet which was very wierd it felt like I was in a foreign universe. She was always the one to force me into conversations, she was either blabbing or singing her vocal cords off which made me laugh, but today she just there focused on the road or maybe buried in her own thoughts.
" Hey, are you okay?" I asked but she said nothing and I sighed, " if anything is the matter I'm here to help.....is it Andrew?", She shook her head and threw me a glance.

" A missed call is one thing but twenty missed calls is something else, this has never happened before Kasie....did my asshole of a brother hurt you yesterday? I never got feedback" she said with concern in her eyes and I smiled, "of course not, I just....I had something important to attend to do I left really early", " something like what?" She asked, " uhh...my mom called and she wanted me to take some pictures of some files at home which she needed for business" I said and she nodded, " okay, I thought he did something awful" she breathed out and giggled and I smiled back at her. I hated lieing to her but I couldn't tell her the truth, my identity is a secret and I can't risk the live of the people I love so this has to be kept a secret till I complete my mission.

********
I got through class without staring at Dwayne for a second, my eyes kept on twitching to look but like Alan said, if I wanna do this I gotta put my mind and soul into it. Then bell finally rang for lunch and I gathered my books, " miss Jennings can I speak to you for a minute?" Mrs headerson asked and I nodded, I walked up to her desk, " yes ma'am" she looked up at me and gave me a warm smile, " there was a meeting yesterday, the school informed me that I had to pick a good literature student to write an article for a competition the school will be participating in and I'm pleased to tell you that you have been chosen to write the article for out school" she said happily and I gasped, " oh my gosh, thank you Mrs headerson", "you are most welcome dear, please put nothing but your best in it and I trust that you'll make me proud" she said giving a sheet of paper containing the article topic, " of course" I said with a smile and I skipped out....yh I skipped.

I saw some shadows in one of the free classes and unlike me I moved closer to get a peek, I heard his voice.....he was laughing actually and it sounded so nice, I peeked in and saw him with some girls and his two friends Nate and Alan. I stood there drooling over him I didn't even know when he spotted and I rose up my hand to wave, just then the worst thing happened to me.....he looked away, he acted like he didn't know me.... love ke he hadn't invited me to his house two days ago. I felt so dumb....so fucking stupid, I left before I got found out by any other person.

I rushed into one of the stalls in the girls room to lick my wounds. How could I be so stupid.....I thought I promised to forget him and move on, I fucking waved at him expecting him to wave back?! Arrgh!!!!!

I heard two girls talking.
" I saw that Kasie girl peeping and watching Dwayne, she even waved at him" one said
" Did he wave back?" The other asked
" Hell nah, he just looked away....it was hilarious"
" Expected, she's in my geography class I think she has a crush on him.....worst part is that it's been since eighth grade"
" That far?!"
" Yup, I feel sorry for her tho cus with Audrey around she doesn't stand a chance" they both giggled and left. That just made me cry the more....I wish the world could open up and swallow me up. My phone pulled me out of my thoughts, it was Sophie.
" Kasie where are you I've been.....fuck are you crying?" She asked with an alarmed tone when she heard my sniffles, " don't even try to lie to me....where are you?",
" I'm in the girls room... Sophie, I wanna go home" I chocked,
" I'll take you home, just wait for me".

********
Thanks for all your support 🙏, I love you guys from the depths of my heart.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share 💞💖