chapter five

CHAPTER FIVECATASTROPHE AND THE CURE

CHAPTER FIVE
CATASTROPHE
AND THE CURE

"I'm sorry, I was just leaving." Donna scoots past the man. He made her nervous and so she just tried to get out as quick as possible.

"He'll have another whore tomorrow." The man said, causing a turn around in the girl. Be respectful, be respectful, be respectful. She told herself to be respectful.

But it wasn't in Donna's nature to keep her mouth shut. "You know, you shouldn't talk about girls like that." Billy quickly came out and walked towards Donna.

"Come on, I'll walk you out." The boy said, knowing that his father was gonna have something to say about this. But Donna was just worth it to him.

"You talking to me?" The man asks, walking closer to Donna but Billy stood in her way. "I think it's time for you to go, sweetheart."

Donna rolled her eyes and walked out the door. Just way till her father heard about this. She did as she was told but stayed right by the door, hoping she'd be able to talk to Billy.

Quickly, Donna heard yelling begin and the sound of glass breaking. She maneuvered her way to a window and peeked in. She saw Billy pinned up against the wall and lost her breath.

This is why she should've stayed quiet. Things got so fucked up so quickly. Donna thought about going inside and standing up for him and threatening with her dad. But she wasn't gonna do anything without Billy's permission again, despite how angry the situation made her.

Soon, Billy came out, surprised to see Donna on the porch. "I'm so sorry about him." He said as she walked closer to him.

Donna touched a slight scar on his face and he winced. "It's not right. My dads the sheriff, if he's doing this to you often, we should get him involved."

He put his hand on her waist. "It's not a huge thing. He's just an asshole. Let me take you on that date now." Billy said, earning a nod in response.

They walked towards the car but never really went out, they just stayed in his car and talked for hours. Neither of them could have imagined this being how they spend their Saturday night. Usually, they went to parties but they were okay just being with each other. 

As he brought some snacks out of the gas station and into his car, he looked at her "You better not make a mess or you're cleaning it up." Billy says, earning a chuckle.

"Deal." Donna said, taking the coffee from this hand and opening the chip bag. "So why did your family move here from California? I mean it's not like Hawkins is anything special."

Billy pulls into an empty parking lot and turns to look at her. So it wasn't the perfect first date for most people, but they were getting to know each other and enjoying time with one and other and it was perfect to them. "My father decided we needed a fresh start after he married Susan." He scoffs, rolling his eyes at the situation, not at her.

"And your mom? If you don't mind me asking." Donna said sweetly, which was different. She usually isn't sweet.

"Uh, she left when I was a kid." Billy said, clearly hearing in his voice that he didn't want to talk about it.

"I understand. My mom left when I was a kid too." Donna said.

"I can't imagine ever leaving you." He said, but didn't want her to acknowledge it much so he started talking again. "Come with me."

Donna got out of the car with coffee in her hands, and he laid out a blanket on the hood of his car and she let out a chuckle.

"Aw Billy, you old softy." Donna laughed as he lifted her by her waist onto the car.

"Tell no one!" Billy points his finger at her but she just laughs, taking another sip of her coffee which earns an eye roll from the boy.

"Coffee at 9, aye?" He chuckles laying on his elbow as he faces her while she stares at the sky.

"Coffee at any time. It's never too late for coffee. Coffee is perfectly acceptable at any time of the day."

Donna laid back after talking and landed on his arm which wrapped around her. Usually all he cared about is sex and he hasn't even kissed this girl yet. And that was okay with him.

"Billy, do you wanna go to college?" Donna asked as they both stared up to the stars and he rubbed his hand down her back.

"Like right now?"

"No, weirdo. In general. What do you want to do with your life?" Donna asked, taking Billy by surprise.

"Uh, I guess I haven't really thought about it. I mean I would love to go back to California." He shrugs. "You?"

"Anywhere but here. Start my own fashion line and only come back to see my dad and maybe Nancy, Jonathan and Steve." Donna said, earning a scoff at the word 'Steve.'

"It's not like that, they're my friends. We have gone through a lot together." She looked up to him and smiled.

And for hours, they just laid there. Around 11, he wanted to take her home but she refused and let him drop her off on the road. "Hey, you ever gonna let me see your house?"

"Patience is a virtue, Billy." Donna said, smiling and put her finger on his lip.

Donna walked back to her house and smiled as she did the proper knock to get inside. As her father opened the door for her, she kept her smile.

"Had a good night?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah I did." Donna smiles and chuckles.

"You've been getting calls all night. I forgot that I even lived here because all the calls were for you." Donna rolls her eyes but out of curiosity, loses her smile.

"Who called?" She asked quickly with a bit of an aggressive tone.

"Nancy and Jonathan, a few times from both of them." Hopper says, earning some nerves from Donna as she goes to the phone.

"Nancy? Is everything okay?"

authors note : guys!! how are you enjoying the story? i'm having so much muse so keep voting and commenting and giving me feedback!

word count - 1065