chapter four

CHAPTER FOURSOME ROADSLEAD NOWHERE

CHAPTER FOUR
SOME ROADS
LEAD NOWHERE

"Billy Hargrove? How the hell did you get my number?" Donna asked. Don't seem so excited, D. He's gonna think you're interested, she told herself.

"I have my ways." Billy said, she could hear the confidence in his voice. Why could she hear the confidence in his voice?

"What do you want?" She asked, not as aggressively as earlier today but still not opening up her walls.

"Well you kinda gave me a rain check on seeing you at the party. And you told me you'd see me soon. So uh, I was wondering if we would arrange something." Billy said, hating to admit he was a bit nervous.

"You asking me on a date, pretty boy?" Donna asked, letting a small smile disappear from her face.

"I mean, if that's what you want. Or just hang out. It's all up to you." Billy said, stumbling upon his words a little bit.

"Tomorrow. 6. I'll meet you at your place." Donna smiled and he did too. They both hated to admit, they were really looking forward to it.

"I can always pick you up or something, I know I don't seem like it but I can be quite the gentleman." Billy chuckles.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Donna says, hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Her father asked, putting his newspaper back on the table since the conversation was over.

"Honestly?" Weird, because she didn't often tell him the truth. "It was a guy."

"Do I know this guy?" Of course, Hopper wasn't okay with his daughter being out with a boy. That was his baby girl. But she hadn't been this open before, so at least he could know she was safe.

"Uh, no. He's new in town." Donna says, sitting at the table again. "Where's El?" She asks, looking around the house, partially asking to get him off her back.

"Asleep. She had a bad day." Donna could understand so just shrugged it off. "So what's this new boys name?"

"Billy. Billy Hargrove." Donna said, looking down at her food that he had set down for her while she was on the phone.

"And what did Billy Hargrove want?" Hopper asks

"He asked me..uh." Donna gets nervous, she usually lied about dates. How would he handle it when she was straight up? "To go on a date with him. Tomorrow."

"Well are you?" Her father asking, knowing his opinion meant nothing to the situation. His daughter was gonna do what she wanted, no matter what anyone said.

"Well, are you okay with it?" Donna questions, earning a smile from both of them. It was the healthiest parent/child conversation they had in a while, which is saying a lot.

"Yeah, that should be fine." Jim said.

"Thank you, daddy." Donna smiles as El comes out of her room, "Hey kiddo."

And they finally get the family night she promised them. Not to mention, Hopper and Donna were at the best they had been in their relationship in a while.
-
Saturday afternoon and Donna was getting ready for her 'date.' She was wearing a denim jacket with a black tank top and denim jeans. She finished the last curl on her hair and started walking.

He had given her his address earlier that day and it wasn't too far away. Donna arrived just about 5:55 pm.

Donna knocked on the door and an older woman in her 30s-40s answered. "Can I help you?" She asked, Donna started to get nervous. What if she was at the wrong house?

"Oh. Hi. I'm Donna Hopper." She reaches her hand out too shake it. "I'm here for Billy?" The blonde girl questions.

"I'm Susan Hargrove." Assuming it was Billy's mom, she let out a breath that she was at the right house. "Come in. If you'll excuse me, I didn't realize we were having company. Billy uh, didn't tell us."

"Oh, that's my fault. He wanted to pick me up but um, I insisted." Sudan nodded at Donna's response, walking her to Billy's room.

The music was louder than a train running straight through the house so it's not a wonder that he didn't hear her ring the doorbell.

She tried knocking but got no response so she simply opened the door. Billy got nervous and jumped but let out a soft smile when he saw that it was her.

In his eyes, Donna was the prettiest girl he had ever seen. Maybe just in Hawkins, maybe in the world.

"Hey, Donna. I'm sorry, I lost track of time." Billy said, putting out his cigarette and turning down his music.

"No worries. Your mom seems nice." Donna says as she sits on his bed, looking around at all the knick knacks of his room.

"Step-mom." Billy corrects her, gaining a little attitude in his words.

"My bad." The girl shrugs her shoulders as Billy finishes getting ready. She notices a car door shutting from his front yard but doesn't think much of it. But Billy does.

"Donna, I'm sorry about this. But you have to go." Billy tells her which causes her to stand up with her eyebrows raised.

"What?" She asked, one could hear the anger in her voice. He makes her feel all special just to let her down. Class act.

"I didn't ask you to come here. You did that by yourself." Billy started getting angry and clearly had some built up issues.

It hurt her feelings and things don't often hurt her feelings, she opened herself up for nothing and was disappointed.

"I don't know what I did." Donna shakes her head, walking out his bedroom door.

"Nothing. You did nothing." He said, getting angry at himself for treating such a good girl so badly. But he didn't have time to worry after he heard his father start talking to Donna. Billy quickly left the bedroom, following her.

Donna was walking quickly without realizing it, she just wanted to be done with the night. But she was stopped on the way out by a middle aged men. "Hey there."

author's note: woo chapter 4 i love!! i love this story and i hope you guys are enjoying it too! remember to give some feedback and vote and such 🥺❤️

word count - 1053