chapter three

CHAPTER THREEBELIEVE ME, I'M LYING

CHAPTER THREE
BELIEVE ME, I'M LYING

Donna walked down the hallway, wearing a black polka dot tank top and a black skirt. She always walked the hallways with her arms crossed and a rested bitch face on her.

She walked towards the gym as she hadn't heard from Jonathan or Nancy, Steve agreed to give her a ride home. He had basketball practice and the last thing she wanted to do is watch shirtless men right to prove their masculinity but she didn't really have any other choice.

Donna walked in to sit in one of the bleachers, Steve was going head to head with a familiar face. She rolled her eyes at the man with the mullet who turned to give her a wink after knocking Steve on his ass.

Donna saw Nancy walk in and she got up. But saw her pull Steve outside so sat back down. She quickly wished she would've followed them when Billy starts walking next to her.

"So we meet again..." He said, holding his shirt in his hand as he sat down. She assumed after Steve left, they had taken a break.

"What do you want?" Donna asked, showing no attention to him and keeping her eyes forward. Nothing was gonna make him think she was interested.

"What's your deal? You weren't acting like a bitch last night." Billy said and her eyes widen. He was gonna call her a bitch?

"Well, yeah. But that was before I heard all the rumors about you. Already took you a day to become the biggest name of the school. I heard after our talk, you had a night with many other girls." Donna snapped. Why did she snap?

"I didn't realize it mattered to you so much." Billy slammed his hands down. "And nothing even happened. And again, why does this matter?"

"It doesn't." Donna said as she saw Steve walk back in. "I have to go." The blonde stands up.

"Woah, Donna." Billy stands up behind her. "You and Harrington?" He scoffs.

"No. Not me and Harrington. And just like you said, why does this matter?" Donna put her bag on her back and started walking away.

"Wait. Let me take you home. You shouldn't surround yourself with trash like Harrington." Billy says and she rolls her eyes as she hears his voice.

"Donna, you coming?" Steve yells with a stern glare, he clearly wasn't happy about her being with Billy.

"Harrington's my friend. And if you like me, you would respect that." Donna says, storming over to Steve.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asks as she walked down the bleachers and met him. She grabbed his arm and started dragging him out of school.

"I just wanna get out of here."

Billy didn't have crushes. He had sex and he left. Commitment? Chasing? That wasn't his thing. But if it wasn't his thing, why was he so dedicated to getting with Donna. He followed Steve and Donna to the parking lot, it only made his hatred for Steve grow stronger.

"What's wrong?" Donna asks, noticing Steve was off as she got into the passenger seat. "What was your talk with Nancy about, if you don't mind me asking?"

"We got into a fight last night and she was drunk and she wouldn't say she loved me." Steve said and she took a deep breath.

"Yeah, uh, I could've seen that coming." Donna states but quickly realizes it was a bit rude. "I'm really sorry, Steve. I think everyone had hoped that it had worked out between you two." 

"He's bad news, you know." Steve says as he turns his wheel. He clenched onto the steering wheel with some sort of anger.

"What are you talking about?" Donna asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Hargrove. I saw you guys talking, today and last night. D, you don't talk to people casually." Steve says and she scoffs.

"Because he pushed you over in a basketball game? He's been here two days. We don't even know him." Donna raises her voice a bit, she doesn't even mean too. 

"Mike told Nancy and I that he tried to run him and the boys off the road. It doesn't seem like a good first impression to me, Donna." Donna rolls her eyes at his response.

"Those boys have had a lot go on in their life and their kids, Steve. I'm sure exaggeration isn't out of the ballpark." Donna responds and notices he is getting frustrated.

"Why do you want him to be the good guy so bad?" Steve asks, turning his head to the blonde when his head should be on the road.

"I just don't want to judge a book by his cover. We don't know him. I've talked to him twice, I'm not surrounding myself with anything." Donna rants as he pulls up to the road, she always made people drop her off on the road leading to the woods for obvious reasons.

She started pulling her backpack out of the backseat but started to talk again. "You know what I think? You're mad about Jonathan and Nancy. But that's not my fault and it's not Billy's fault. I'll just see you tomorrow." Donna says.

"Donna..." Steve says, regretting the conversation she had already slammed the door and was on her way to her house.

When Donna arrived at her house, she noticed her father's car was there and she rolled her eyes, she could already predict what would happen when she went inside.

As soon as she walked inside, her father rushed to the door. "Where the hell have you been?" Hopper asked. 

Most people would be intimidated by his yelling but she was so used to it, she just brushed it off. "I was just with friends. I'm sorry, I know I said I would be home." Donna said as she got a water bottle from the fridge.

"Wait." Hopper stopped, only a few steps behind her. "You never apologize." One could here the shock in his voice.

"Well things change." Donna shrugs, her facial expression still not changing. Their conversation was luckily caught off by their home phone ringing, she figured it was just for her father and so she got herself comfortable as the dining room table and didn't care to listen to his phone call.

"D, it's for you." Her dad says and she looks so confused, she figured it was Nancy or Jonathan, maybe even Steve calling to apologize. 

Donna grabs the phone and holds it up to her ear. "It's Donna." The girl says, leaning against the wall. But she's shocked to hear who is calling her on the other side.

"Donna, it's Billy."

Author's Note: Hey guys! I am so so interested in this fic right now so I plan on updating as much as possible. I also have a few other fics going on right now in a few different fandoms. Of course, as always I would love to get feedback!

word count: 1169