Being alert

Athena

     I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night. All I could do was replay the kiss in my mind. After my grand announcement of yesterday being my first kiss, I expected Lars to run away. But surprisingly, he just smiled warmly at me and told me he was glad he could be my first one. I think I heard him murmur " last one too" but it might be just my imagination.

Rhea was already asleep when I came home, so the next day during lunch break, I tell her everything. More like, she makes me tell her everything, " What happened after the kiss ? Did he take you you to his place ? Did you have hot filthy sex ?"

I roll my eyes, " No dude. I told you I won't sleep with him !" Just yet. " And did you forget the part where I said he bought the whole fricking diner ? That's borderline obssessive."

This time she rolls her eyes, " Yeah okay. Maybe it's a bit crazy but come on ! This man bought the diner for your sake. You should appreciate it. And I'm still angry you didn't tell me about the whole Simon incident right away. Who the fuck hides such things from her best friend ? I would've castrated him if I had known what he did to you. "

" And that's exactly why I didn't tell you. You would've ended up yourself in trouble trying to take him down. And I didn't want that." Rhea has a tendency to get over-protective sometimes. " Anyway, Lars did enough damage to him. He's gone MIA since the whole incident. " I was a bit worried Simon was going to come back to finish what he started, but fortunately he hasn't shown his face since that day.

"Okay enough talking about that asshole. Let's talk about your mystery man. I still don't understand why you call him that by the way, " she scrunches up her nose in confusion," Anyway, did he message you ?"

My lips turn down, " No. I haven't heard from him since last night. " I was expecting atleast a message in the morning. Sometimes I wonder if last night actually happened, maybe I made the whole thing up.

Rhea flicks her fingers in my face and interrupts my nonsensical thoughts. "Hello Athena ! Back to earth !"

" Come on. Break is almost over. I have statistics now. And then nothing, I'm done for the day. What about you ?" Rhea was one of those lucky people who had very less lectures on Monday, unlike me.

" I have two more lectures.  Then I'll be done too. But I am going to the library directly from here, so don't wait up for me."  Since, our finals were just few weeks away, I couldn't afford to waste time on any... extra-curricular activities such as going on meetings with guest lecturers, starting from today itself.

I've learnt time passes quickly when you're completely engrossed in the task in your hands. That's why, I don't realise how quickly my day at the university ends and it's time to leave.
The library is just couple blocks away from the university so I don't have to walk much.

The smell of old books greet me as soon as I enter. I go to my usual seat behind one of the biggest shelves near the stairs and sit there.

" You know, you should be a bit more alert of your surroundings," a voice whispers near me and I let out a high pitched shriek, briefly forgetting that I'm in a library.

I look at the source of the voice and see Lars staring at me with amusement in his eyes and a smile on his lips, which he was doing a poor job of suppressing.
I keep a hand on my chest to calm my poor heart, which was beating at the speed of a horse right now.

I scowl at Lars, " What the hell ! Do you often sneak on girls and give them a fright like that ?"

He raises his trademark eyebrow, " I should be the one reprimanding you, instead of the other way around. I've been following you since you left your college. But you didn't realise anything. You need to be more alert of your surroundings."

I look at him incredulously, " Seriously? Why were you following me in the first place? "

" I wasn't intending on following you. I was waiting outside the university to meet you. But you just started walking briskly without looking anywhere around yourself. So I followed you and ended up here, " he shrugs, " But as I said, you should pay attention to your surroundings. What if it had been some thief or someone worse, instead of me ? " He looks at me glaringly.

I look away embarrassed, feeling like a child who's just been scolded by her parents. Yet I was feeling giddy knowing that he cares enough to worry about me, "Okay fine, I'm sorry. Next time, I'll be more careful."

He nods, seemingly satisfied with my response. I start fidgeting my fingers, "So...you said you wanted to meet me ? Why ?" My heart is beating loudly, anticipating his reply. Why? I don't know.

He stalks towards me and cages me between the bookshelf and himself. He whispers in my ear " Do I always need a reason to meet you Athena ? " I feel his warm minty breath on my earlobe and I shiver.

I manage to regain my wits somehow and answer him, " No you don't. But uh.. I just..." The rest of sentence is swallowed up as he starts placing butterfly kisses on my throat.

I swallow back a moan that threatens to leave my lips as he sucks on the sweet spot on my neck. My core clenches itself, my panties dampen, and breath shallows.

"  Jesus Christ Athena you're beautiful," he whispers passionately before sealing my lips with his in heated kiss. This time I don't hold myself back and kiss him back with equal hunger.

" WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE ? "  A loud voice booms out, startling us. Lars and I disengage ourselves hastily and look at the librarian who's throwing daggers at us with her eyes.

" I've told you bratty teenagers hundreds of time that this is not a makeout point for y'all ! Now get out of here and don't show me your faces ever again !" I grab my books while Lars grabs my bag and we run out of there together swiftly as if our asses were on fire.

Once we get of there safely, we both stop to catch our breaths, mainly me. I don't know what comes over me but the next thing I know is laughing like a maniac in the middle of the road. Lars joins me in and that makes me laugh more. This, in turn, makes him laugh more.

I don't know how long we laugh but when we look at each other, we both have tears in our eyes due to laughing too hard. Once we regain our composure,
Lars moves towards me and kisses my forehead oh so tenderly.

I am so absorbed in him, that once again, I forget my surroundings. Maybe if I had been alert just like Lars had asked me to be, I would've noticed the man who had been following me since morning.

Sorry! I know it's a small chapter but please make do. I'll make it up in the next update 😊❤️