French Dinner

Athena

" May be you should wear nothing at all. That'll definitely get his attention," Rhea suggests for the umpteenth time since I started sorting out my dresses for the evening.

Tonight I am going to meet Lars in a restaurant for some things that he wanted to discuss with me. I know it's not a date by any means, neither am I getting my hopes up or anything. But still...I don't want to come off as someone ratty by dressing shoddily.

I rummage through my wardrobe for atleast thirty minutes before chiding myself for overthinking. At last, I decide on a floral spaghetti strap summer dress, along with loops and a pair of beige coloured pumps. I apply some mascara and peach flavoured lip gloss. I contemplate dabbing some blush but decide otherwise, I'm blushing enough as it is.

Rhea looks at me the way a proud mother mother cat would look at her kitten who just started walking. She wipes her non-existent tears and holds me by my shoulders," I'm so proud of my girl. Let your virginity be gone by tonight. Amen."

I laugh out aloud. For some ridiculous reason, today I'm not finding her foolish blabbering as annoying as I generally do. 

" Alright. First of all, it's a meeting. Not a date. Second, sex or anything coming close to it is definitely going to be out of question. Third, do you really think I'd sleep with a guy I barely know ?" Okayyyyyy so may be he's been staring in my fantasies every night. But that does NOT mean I'll sleep with him the first chance that I'll get.

Rhea just scoffs and mutters a yeah sure. I hug her and kiss her cheek, telling her to not wait up for me, incase I'm late.

I start moving out of the door when Rhea's voice stops me. She looks at me with a solemn expression and says,  "Look, I know I was joking about going naked and all but...if he tries something... something you don't want, then don't hesitate to kick him where the sun doesn't shine, okay? And text me if you need me. I'm jobless anyway. It'll be fun to screw with someone." Even though she sniggers at the last statement, I see the concern in her eyes.

I cup her cheek, " Don't worry. I can take care of myself. And moreover, I honestly don't think Lars' is that type of guy. He seems pretty genuine to me." Even though Lars has never given me a reason to think otherwise, I myself don't believe it wholeheartedly, but that's just my defense mechanism I suppose.

She shrugs, " Whatever you say. Shoo now. He's waiting for you." I wave at her finally and leave.

I was apprehensive that Lars' choice regarding the restuarant might be something wholly out of my league and comfort, but surprisingly this restaurant doesn't seem very exorbitant. Infact, it has a very soft vibe to it.

It is a greenhouse themed restaurant. Golden light tubes hang from the ceiling. Various beautiful flowers and shrubs, I hardly know their names, are used as decorations. There are furnished black booths with mahogany tables.

I am greeted by a middle aged woman as soon as I enter the restaurant,
" Good evening dear. I'm Carla, the owner of this restaurant. And you must be Athena. Come along, I'll show you to your booth." Huh? How does she know my name ?

I figure it would be better to just ask her. She seems sweet enough anyway, " Umm Ms. Carla ? If you don't mind me asking, how do you know my name ?"

" Oh dear silly me," she laughed, " Lars told me you were coming. He has been waiting for you inside. " What? Lars is already here? I thought it was mandatory for guys to be late during dates...Uh I mean meetings.