Resurfacing from the basin

There it was again...

That familiar clench in his soul. He groaned tiredly, staring up crudely at the grimy ceiling of his apartment. He shuffled out from his cocoon of dirty sheets and socks- rubbing the side of his skull as he approached the mirror. He lifted the bottom of his crinkled shirt up curiously, sockets creased in concern- sure enough it was pulsing again. He'd felt it since he resurfaced- since he came to in this new life on the earth— annnnnnddddd he was too lazy to ponder it further. Fixing himself a look in the mirror with a broad grin and a wink- he donned his fluffy slippers along with his fur-lined hoodie as he whistled his way out the door.

"Oh no... my feelings are gonna ketchup to me... Heh. Classic me."

The silk of the gown brushed gently past your arm as Muffet continued to fuss over you, her pincers clicking anxiously as she brushed the material down around your form- flitting sporadically around the room. "It's just a summit-" "-And you don't understand madame! All the world's leaders are up there— waiting to scrutinise your every action- while I am not versed in politics and cannot help you there- I will help you dress accordingly for the occasion of scrutinisation-!! That, I do know!" She whirled away again as you shook your head. You clasped Sans in your clammy grip, tightening as the minutes passed. You were terrified, and he wasn't being as comforting as usually was. Damn it Sans... why can't you be here just this once? Just once... You gripped it again, focusing on the feeling— nothing.

Your face fell abruptly, form trembling. "Oh-! How was the surface last night madame?" You clenched the glass, fear of the surface re-coursing through you- the fear of Papyrus- the fear of being alone, unloved, forgotten... "I..." You began before you exhaled calmly. "It was lovely..." you smiled, clearing your throat. "Um... I'm sorry, can you excuse me?" You apologised before surging towards the bathroom door- bolting it shut before she could respond. You didn't want to hear right now- you didn't want to see- to breathe— you didn't want to be here... you exhaled again, though this time it was shaky with an emotion you couldn't quite place under one defining word, but it tumbled through you all the same. Shaking your hands helplessly with a whine You whirled to the vanity's sink, placing Sans aside to the porcelain top as you plugged the sink, filling it as you clutched the sides, shoulders shaking.

You could do this. You could keep it together. The corner of your gaze caught on the gold that encircled your ring finger. You hadn't ever taken it off. Not once, true to your promise. Ripping away, you stopped the tap, scooping up the water with a desperation, splashing your face. Strands of hair clung to your face in shrewd numbers, your gaze lifted— Your face contorted into a sob. You couldn't do this. "Sans!" You wailed, palms flying to the sides of your head, dampening it. You gripped the basin, chest hauling in a shudder as you continued to cry. You were lonely- surrounded, but incredibly lonely. You threw a glare to the vial, tears slipping as you got on its level as if it were him and not a jar of his— you frowned, baring your teeth.

"Why aren't you here-?! Why aren't you here with me?!!" You seethed, glowering at the glass. "I need you-!" You sobbed dryly, chuckling in a most bitter manner. "I need you and you're not here— when I need you to be overprotective- you're not here! When Papyrus is trying his seedy moves on me— damn it- you're not here-!! When I need you, more- more than anyone else to love me..." you shivered, clutching your sides as the pain of it all swallowed you. Your wet eyes flashed in a coil of anger as you seized the vial- pegging it with all your might at the mirror as if to destroy the very fate you had created— "YOU'RE NOT HERE-!!!!!" You shrieked. The glass crushed against each other, shattering into the waters below, the dust settling at the bottom of the basin- drowning. You watched it all as you collected your breath before your eyes widened.