he's MINE! (4)

I checked my appearance in the mirror Jayde had fitted into my locker, and tugged at my dirty blonde hair. Suddenly, the locker slammed shut, startling me. My eyes connected with two dark brown ones. A girl stood in front of me, with long brown hair. She had small dark eyes, that where very pretty. She was quite small, and had very pale skin.

"Scarlett, right?" She gave me a bright smile, but her eyes stayed unemotional.

"Yeah." I said uncertainly, going to re-open my locker. The girl slammed her hand into my locker again, stopping me.

"I'm Dawn. I'm sure you know who I am." She flicked her short hair slightly, giving off an air that said -I'm-better-than-you-

"No, I don't. Want to tell me?" I snapped, as I pulled my locker open almost hitting her in the face. Dawn reappeared behind me a few seconds later, looking seriously pissed off.

"Dawn Hill." She smirked at me. Then I realised who she was. Biggest b*cht in the school... probably in the whole world from what I hear. I decided to play dumb, I mean, I was new, so how was I going to know who everyone was within the first few days.

"Sorry. No bells." I shot her an appologetic look, before closing my locker and walking down the hall. She kept pace with me easily, despite her height.

"Don't worry!" She laughed lightly, but the sound was clearly forced. "I was just wondering about you and Jake."

"What about us?" I stopped walking and faced her.

"Sneaking off together yesterday? In the cafeteria today?" She raised an eyebrow. "No bells?" She smirked.

"What about it?" I snapped walking on again. Dawn kept close behind me, jogging slightly to keep up with me.

"I'm just saying, maybe you want to think about what your doing. I mean, I doubt you want a rep as the school slut already. Do you?" She sneered slightly. I stopped suddenly, and she crashed into my back.

I whirled around to face her. "Look, shorty, I'm no whore. I don't give a crap about what people think about me either. If someone wants to judge me without knowing me, they can. I won't stop them." I hissed.

"Watch your tone, Scarlett." She shot back. I couldn't help it. I laughed once, earning me a harsh glare from Dawn, which brought a new meaning to 'if looks could kill'.

"Who are you, my dad?"

"Just watch your back." She growled, and stalked off down the corridor.

I slowly made my way to Music, where my class was lining up outside. We weren't allowed into the Music Rooms without a teacher because someone decided to lie down on a piano and sing to the class. Normally that would be fine, but when they got up and began to jump around, the legs of the piano gave way, and it came crahsing down. You have no idea how much I would have paid to see that.

Jayde and Peyton where in my Music class, and I joined them halfway down the line.

"Hey Carlie. You'll never guess who asked Esme out!" Peyton squealed as soon as she saw me.

"Carter?" I grinned. Peytons face fell, and she scowled at me.

"You're meant to play along, God!" She threw her arms up in the air in exasperation.

"Aren't you going to tell me what happened?" I urged, ignoring her last comment.

"Well," She started up again enthusiasticly, earning herself an irritated look from Jayde. "Esme was by her locker and-"

"Go on in, guys, and I want you to get into groups of 3, 4, or 5. Choose a song to perform to the class. You must have one singer, one keyboard player, and a guitarist. Unless you're in a 4/5 you'll have the appropriate beat provided. Now, go!" Mr Nicholson barked, shoving one freckled boy at the front into the door, before opening in wide so he almost fell into the classroom. Poor kid.

Peyton linked her arms between Jayde and I, and dragged us into the room. We got a soundproof practice room as we were one of the first people in a group.

"What are we doing then?" Jayde yawned, propping herself up on the side of a keyboard.

"UPGRADE U!" Peyton screeched immediantly. Jayde clutched her ears and mumbled a few curse words.

"Well, first of all, shouldn't we divide up who's doing what?" I interjected.

"I WANNA SING!" Peyton screamed again.

"Pey, baby, you know we love you, but you sound like a dead cat when you sing." Jayde patted her on the head.

"Dead cats don't sing!" Peyton poked her tounge out at Jayde.

"Exactly."

"That doesn't make any sence Dee." Peyton flicked her hair melodramaticly.

"I know. You wanna know what else I know? That you dance is better than your singing."

"I can't dance."

"Exactly."

"Your such a b*tch." Peyton glared at Jayde, who simply smiled and replied with "That's why you love me!"

"Urmm, as much as hearing you two bicker, do you think we could actually get on with this?" I sighed.

"Well, neither Pey or I can sing. So it'll have to be you, babydoll." Jayde smiled apologeticly.

"If I can't sing, I'll play keyboard." Peyton shrugged, and dropped down onto the stool infront of the keyboard.

"Guess that leaves me with guitar..." Jayde picked up a large white electric guitar.

"What are we doing then?" I asked again. "Pey, what songs do you know on piano?"

"I know, All I Wanted by Paramore, Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z, Samson by Regina Spektor, Apologise by One Republic and Chopsticks." She finished triumphantly.

"I'd quite like to sing Samson." I suggested, then added "And you'll have to teach my Chopsticks."

"GUYS! I don't know any guitar chords." Jayde waved the electric guitar in my face.

"Jesus! Watch where your swinging that thing... and go get Mr Nicholson to go teach you the chords for this song." I waved her away.

--45 minutes later--

"Okay, class, do we have anyone who would like to start us off?" Mr Nicholson looked across the sea of mostly blank faces in front of him. Unfortunatly, one hand was waving wildly in the air. And that hand belonged to a overly hyper Peyton who was almost bouncing off her seat from excitment. "Peytons group." He pointed over to us. Jayde and I groaned, whilst Peyton squealed, and jumped up clapping.

She skittered across the room, and slid behind the large piano. Jayde picked up the guitar, and I took my place behind the microphone. After a few shaky breaths I nodded towards Peyton, who began to play the intro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry this chapter was so rubbish, i just had a bit of writers block... but i wanted to write something. so again, apologys for the crap chapter. :)