e l e v e n

A Surprise

Camellia hadn't left her room. She stayed in contemplating ways she could avoid going to dinner. But came up with none. She lay on her bed demanding answers from the ceiling.

She had given up reading the Lycanthropy, it was only adding to her stress. Before she knew it, the sun was already beginning to settle, the azure blue of day had shifted to darker sinful reds, warnings nightfall.

A knock at the door pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Come in."

Sitting up on her elbows, she watched Blanche pop her head in, covering her body with the door. Her green eyes swam with excitement.

"I have a surprise."

"Oh no!" Camellia threw herself back on the bed, she had no more room for surprises.

"You'll like this one I promise," Blanche whined demanding her friend's attention.

Huffing, she lifted her head and gave her a challenging look.

"I bet I won't."

Blanche grinned before swinging her body around and produced a large silky blue gown.

"Ta-da!"

The smooth material reflected against the light and gasp left her lips.

"Oh my..." She pushed herself from there bed as if hypnotised by the fabric.

"It's beautiful, is it not?" Blanche smiled smugly as she walked past her with the dress.

"Yes," Camellia sighed, following close behind, "It is."

"What's with the glum face?" she demanded as she placed the dress on the bed.

"It's for dinner isn't it?" She tilted her brown head, stroking the gown delicately with her fingers tips.

How could such beauty bring so much dread?

"He's not so bad," Blanche reassured her

"He brought me here against my will and refuses to explain his reasons-"

"I know, I know," Blanche rushed before Camellia's head popped off. She grabbed her arms firmly and pushed her to sit on the bed.

"I was speaking to Alcott earlier today-"

"Alcott?"

"The Majesty's General," Blanche explained before sighing, "He has a scar across his eye."

"Oh, yes," Camellia nodded remembering

"Anyways, as we were speaking I acquired information that you may use however you please," she became jittery with excitement, "You see, every guard stays by their post for an hour before switching with another, so then after out conversation I watched the guards from the kitchen and true enough, every hour they swapped but-"

Blanche smiled mischievously,

"They leave their post leaving a few minutes of time before another guard takes his place."

Camellia gasped.

"Which means-"

"Exactly."

♚  ♚  ♚

"Quit pacing, it's not like she's can go anywhere," Alcott easily reminded him as he took a sip from his cup.