24. feeling a tad dead

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I know." Elijah nodded and looked at Brynley. "I had the privilege of watching Brynley throughout her day while I was daggered."

"Right." Elena remembered.

"One of his favorite tricks." Elijah sighed.

"Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him." Elena wondered.

"Yes, I do." Elijah said and Elena drove the three of them to the Lockwood mansion.

"Elijah, Brynley, Elena! What are you doing here? What happened?" Carol Lockwood opened the door.

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help." Elijah said.

"Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I-" Carol began.

"It won't take but a minute of your time." Elijah compelled her.

"Of course. Anything you need." Carol invited them in.

"Thank you." Elijah, Bryn, and Elena entered the house.

"Well, first things first. I'm going to need a change of clothing." Elijah looked down at his burnt suit.

"Well, we can try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet." Carol recommended.

"Wonderful." Elijah replied and Carol walked upstairs.

"How did you know she's not on vervain?" Elena asked.

"Cause he's the one who got her off it." Brynley answered for him and Elijah smirked at the fairy.

"Right before you and your friends killed me. Twice. If you'll excuse me. I'll be down in a moment." Elijah walked upstairs.

"So, are you two like, together?" Elena turned to Brynley.

"Um, we're just gonna stay friends for now," Brynley sighed. "Because of everything that happened with you-know-who I don't want to rush into anything."

"But you like him?" Elena questioned and Brynley let out a shaky breath.

"Yeah, I do."

-

"So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." Elijah looked at Brynley and Elena, the three of them sitting in the living room of the Lockwood mansion.

"No. I'm sorry." Brynley apologized.

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah questioned.

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead." Elena assumed.

"I doubt that. Not Klaus' style," Elijah shook his head as Brynley took a sip of her water. "Death would be too easy for her after what she did."

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him." Elena rambled.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus." Elijah went on to explain how he and Klaus met Katherine in 1492, in England. Elijah brought Katherine as a guest at Klaus's birthday, and they were brothers, but Brynley already knew that. "Yes. Klaus is my brother."

"I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena said with wide eyes while

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is "O.M.G." Elijah joked and Brynley smiled at him.

"I mean, I wasn't that shocked." Brynley shrugged and Elijah continued to explain more about the original family.

"There's a whole family of Originals?" Elena's eyes widened.

"And they're all attractive." Brynley mumbled and Elijah smirked at her.

"My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children." Elijah replied.

"So your parents were human?"

"Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know...We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all vampires were created." Elijah explained.

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" Elena confirmed.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad...dead." Elijah stood up and Brynley stifled a laugh. He slipped his hand into Brynley's and the two walked out of the room. "Come."

a/n: brynlijah>>>
so i think im gonna start uploading a chapter every monday and friday