Part 2: The Invitation

Holy shit, you're back? You decided to come back for another chapter? Well, these aren't necessarily long enough to be considered chapters and it feels weird to call them 'parts' but wow. You're here. I promise it gets better this chapter. Trust me, just keep reading.

This chapter, I'm gonna focus on Tracey's side of the story, so don't be surprised when it happens. There's only one thing I hate more than a cliffhanger that doesn't deliver, and that's an unnecessary surprise in a story that has no reason for being other than the fact that the author wanted a big reveal.

Tracey walked back over to her table and placed down the shot glasses near her friends. The redhead grabbed a shot and drank it in one sip. That was a mistake, though, as it was very clear from her reaction that it burned the back of her throat when she swallowed.

"Hey, who was that guy you were talking to?" The blonde asked Tracey right before she took a shot. 

And yes, I will be calling her friends by her hair color except for the closeted guy. I'll just be calling him the closeted guy because, like, damn, who is he trying to kid? Don't judge me for being lazy or call me sexist or something. I like to shoot straight, even though I'm not. Actually, just call me lazy if you want, but don't come at me with an insult if you don't know how to insult me properly.

"Just some guy that was hassling me, he's kinda cute though." She looked back at John while he looked back at her. She kinda liked his smile, but not too much. It was just enough to make her interested in him, but nothing more.

"He's kinda sexy, but like a mix of sexy and cute." Said the redhead.

"Yeah, but not like in the middle between really sexy and really cute, just a little bit of both, you know?" Said the blonde one.

"Totally," the redhead moved her chin down, almost pressing it against her chest, and gave him a half smile showing no teeth. Then she waved at him in a flirtatious way, moving her fingers in a non-traditional manner. John saw her, and waved back normally. She crossed her legs and faced away from him, but she flicked her hair to the side of her head, behind her ear, and looked at her friends, "If you don't want him, I'll gladly take him."

"Hold on, I wanna see if anything happens between us." Tracey spoke. She looked over at him again, but knew she couldn't go up and talk to him again. She would look desperate if she went back up and approached him, which she wasn't, but she couldn't go back over to him. It's like dating was her game, and she was trying to find a way to play both sides. She felt this inexplicable tension between them.

Look, I'll be honest with you, I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about how she looked into his eyes and saw the potential for a future, but you don't care about that. I could try to fluff my writing and talk about the way he went to itch his chin that made her weak in the knees, and how she wanted him in that moment, but why overcomplicate things? Who wants to hear about the sexual fantasies that filled her head because she hadn't gotten laid in a week? I mean, from the moment she saw him she thought he was attractive but it was because he didn't look extremely attractive or horrifyingly ugly, it was because he was normal. He seemed like an average guy without an agenda. Then he had to go and ruin it by opening his mouth, but he really did have a great shot.

The whole point that I'm trying to make here is the tension. After their little argument, she made him look like a fool in front of...no one. So he couldn't feel embarrassed, the only person that was gonna remember this was The Bartender. But now that she had seen his smile, and she knew pretty much everything about him, she was turned on by the things that she knew. Because she could tell that he hadn't done anything special, and maybe she could get him out of his shell. Or at the very least, maybe he would do something special, and she could be his something special.