Chapter • 0

Start Date: May 12, 2020

End Date: -- --, ----

Setting: Technologically advanced royal society. 

Warnings: Violence, language, blood, sexual content, unexpected character death.

Desc: 

✧ ✏ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ, ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ?

𝔸iko strives to follow in her mother's footsteps. To show that she is stronger than those who came before her, she becomes a Candidate for The Mating Test, the most deadly tradition ever created. 

𝕀f she were to win, she could be the ruler of a kingdom. If she were to lose, all that she would get is death. Her mother has her life planned out for her, but once inside the Test, things don't go as planned. 

𝕎ith her mother sinking her claws into Aiko's life, life split into two statuses, and deadly Professions that leave Candidates dead in their wake, will Aiko be able to carve her own path? Will she be able to come out victorious with a Mate of her choosing on top, or will she be destined to die alone?

Guide to Professions

In this story, everyone who enters the Mating Test has a Profession. A Profession is basically what art you train in. There are many to chose from, but it takes talent to master one. Here's a guide to all the Professions, which will hopefully help you understand the characters in this story better.

Hunter

A Hunter is someone who is trained for the wilderness. They can commune with animals and plants, and are skilled when it comes to setting traps for others to fall into. Their main weapon is a bow and arrow, but it's not uncommon for them to carry a hunting knife as well. They know how to survive outside of cities, sure, but when it comes to fighting, they're at a disadvantage. They usually attack from a distance, but if you manage to corner one to fight one on one, their chances of survival go down quite a bit.

Elementalist

An Elementalist is skilled in the ways of harnessing the Elements. They don't just know one Element, they know them all. They're one of the hardest to kill due to their immense power, but they do have weaknesses. If you manage to get to them and are able to land some hits, you might have a chance. They die just as well as any other person. They also have a Source, which is something on their person that gives them their power. It's usually a magical piece of jewelry or something along those lines, but good luck finding it. They never share their secret with anyone.

Champion

A Champion fights with an ax. They sometimes get confused with Fighters, but they are very different. A Champion is wild and barbaric. They simply attack without thought, and their brute strength makes up for their lack of smarts.

Fighter

A Fighter is skilled at using swords and their brains. They are actually very intelligent, flexible, acrobatic, and fast. They move very quickly, which makes it hard to land a blow on them, and fight with a sword or a dagger– sometimes both. It's not uncommon to see one with a shield, either. However, they have no defenses for magic, and if you're too far away for them to see, they're as good as dead.

Healer

Healers seem useless to most people, but they're not useless to themselves. Not only can they can heal others, they can heal themselves, too. This makes them very hard to kill due to the fact that they can just heal whatever damage you inflict. Most Healers know how to fight to defend themselves though, so don't expect one to go down without a fight. Like an Elementalist, they also have a Source. Find it, and the Healer is yours to kill.

Illusionist

An Illusionist knows how to trick people. None of their illusions are solid or real, but they can still manage to fool people. They can cause noise to sound off where there is none, make a person appear to be friendly when they aren't, or disguise a 100-foot drop to death to look like a cute puppy. They, too, have a Source but good luck finding it when the Illusionist makes themselves multiply into 500 trees.

Engineer

An Engineer can make anything out of anything. Hand them a rubber band and some metal and they'll end up making a train. Make sense? Nope. That's an Engineer for you. They are masters of disguise, perfectionists as making traps, and amazing when it comes to astounding people. But they're not trained in any kind of combat, which makes them the easiest to kill.

Martial Artist

Karate, Taekwondo, Jujutsu, Judo, Aikido, Kung Fu, you name it, a Martial Artist knows them all. They're fast, skilled, and dangerous. They don't need a weapon to knock you off your feet and snuff out the lights, but they could still have one. They could have anything. Expect anything.

Necromancer *RARE*

A Necromancer is very rare. No one has seen someone go down this path in the last 50 years. Most magic Professions have a Source to harness power from, but that's what makes the Necromancer so rare. Their source of power is themselves. They don't need a magical object to suck out the life of someone. They're dangerous. Luckily, you don't have to worry about encountering one since they're so rare... right?

Assassin *RARE*

An Assassin is also rare. Not as rare as a Necromancer, but still rare. An Assassin is not just a stand-alone Profession. They combine two or more other Professions and then use it for one purpose: to kill. They are very dangerous, especially because you usually don't know what other Professions they're hiding. They could be a Healer and a Fighter, or a Martial Artist, an Illusionist, and a Hunter! You'd never know until they sneak up on you and put an end to your wondering.

a/n: What Profession would you wanna be?