PLANTAIN FRITTATA

Ingredients

* 2-3 very ripe plantain
* 7 eggs
* 1/2 cups chopped onion
* 3 garlic cloves (minced)
* 1 large tomato (chopped)
* 1 cup chopped bell pepper
* 2 tablespoon oil
* 1 1/2 cup chopped chicken sausage
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon bouillon powder substitute with 14g stock cube (e.g Maggi)
* 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
* Oil for deep frying the plantains
* 1/2 teaspoon oil (for greasing pie plate)
* Parsley for garnishing (optional)

Directions

* Peel plantain then cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place oil in a pan up to 2-3 inches and heat up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Gently place the plantain slices into the oil one at a time then fry on one side for about 2mins. Flip to the other side and cook for another 2mins. Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.

* Place the two tablespoons of oil in a skillet and heat up on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until fragrant. Also, add the chopped tomato and cook for about 2mins. Add the sausage and stir for about 2mins. Add the bell pepper and salt, black pepper then stir for about 2mins. Turn off the heat.

* In a large bowl, crack in all the eggs. Add the bouillon powder and whisk to combine. Add the sausage-bell pepper mixture into the eggs then mix. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

* Rub a pie plate with about a teaspoon of oil. Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate. Arrange the fried plantains on top of the egg mixture. NOTE: some of the plantains may shrink- that is totally okay.

* Place the pie plate in the preheated oven and bake for 35mins. Now remove and check to make sure the egg is set in the middle. If it is set then take it out. If it isn't set, place it bake in the oven and turn off the heat. Let it stay in the oven for about 5-10mins then take it out.

* Garnish with chopped parsley if desired then cut up into triangles and serve warm.

"When Allah is accepting duas in laylat al qadr, may yours be one of them, when he is forgiving people, may you be one of them, when he is showering his Mercy down, may they land on you, and when you meet your friends & relatives in Jannah, may I be one of them. Ameen".

Ramadan Mubarak, don't forget to read your Qur'an....