Chapter 3

*a few weeks later*

Kira's POV

This morning I woke up and got ready. I was going to go to the spot again to see Jane and Alec. The maids made me breakfast, and I ate it. After I ate, I went outside and walked to our area.

Me, Alec and Jane always go to the spot, and we meet at the same time. We have never been late.

As I reached the spot, I noticed Jane and Alec were not there, which was odd. In the background, I heard screams and cries for help

_______________
As I neared the screams, I noticed there were children on a stake. I tensed up. I was unable to move. I was anxious to see who it was. In the corner of my eye, I noticed Jane and Alec's Mother. Screaming. That stopped my heart.

I started to scream, and I tried to get closer. I could not just let them die. They were my best friends. I got closer, and I was crying. I could see them clearly.

My cries got heavier, and my screams grew louder. I glared at everyone who was cheering. I noticed the people were ignoring me, and they seemed to not recognise me.

As I cried, my knees gave out. Two men grabbed my arms and started to tie me to the stake too. I started to cry even more. I tried to encourage Alec and Jane to stay strong, as I tried to stay strong for them.

"These children have been accused of witchcraft and this girl has been friends with these witch twins, " the man spoke.

"What do we say then, " he said.

Everyone started shouting. Everyone said similar things. "Burn them!"

"The town has spoken! This vile presence must be destroyed to save our village!" he announced.

The man then lit the stake on fire. We began to scream louder which was making our throats hurt. Jane and Alec's mother was screaming too. Two men were on each side of her and they killed her.

"NO! MOTHER!" Jane screamed.

Jane began to scream even louder. I think Alec was trying to block out the pain. Trying to feel numb. I was trying to stay strong for them. The whole town was cheering and laughing.

We closed our eyes for a second. There was silence. The second later, we opened our eyes and noticed something.

The cheers were quiet. Everyone was lay dead on the ground. There was a man. He had red eyes. Jane was smiling. I was confused as I had never seen the man before.

Then I felt a burning sensation throughout my body and blacked out.

______________
Authors Note: Chapter 3 published! What do you think? They have just been turned. Kira tried to stay strong for Jane and Alec.

Vote and Comment!