Chapter 1

*A few weeks before being turned*

*Kira's POV*

I was taking a walk through the forest when I heard someone being hurt. I quickly ran over and saw a group of boys hurting a boy and a girl. From my guess, they were twins since they had similar features, and looked about the same age as me. I had heard of them before. Everybody in the village was talking about them. They called them 'witch twins' and  'freaks', as everyone accused them of being witches. I didn't like that the boys were bullying them, so I stood up for them.

"ahem," I cleared my throat after standing in front of the twins.

"What do you want Kira?" One of the boys asked.

"Leave them alone," I spoke.

"Since when did you care about them? What happens if I don't?" the boy questioned.

"I don't like it when people are hurt, and my parents, who everyone fears can come to talk with you and your family," I added.

"Fine. I will leave the freaks alone but don't expect me to respect you." He snapped.

"Good. Now leave." I demanded.

As they walked off, they muttered "Freaks,".
_________________________________

I walked up to them and helped them stand up.

"Are you both alright?", I asked, concerned.

"Since you saved us, yes," the girl gratefully replied.

"Yes, thank you, Kira is it?" the boy added.

"Yes, it is. And no worries. What are your names?" I politely asked.

"My name is Alec," he said.

The girl added on, "and my name is Jane"

"Ok. Do you have any friends?" I asked.

"No," they both said simultaneously.

"Why don't we be friends then?" I asked.

They both looked at me with a smile, but it immediately went after a second. Alec then spoke up.

"Why would you want to be friends with us. The witch twins. What would your parents think!"

"They are never in town, and they don't care what I do, and neither do my carers," I replied instantly.

"So, are we friends?" I questioned.

"No. We are best friends. We have to look out for and support each other," Jane corrected.
_________________________________
Before we all went back to our cottages, we embraced in a hug. We finally felt happiness. A feeling we never often experienced. It was new, but it felt good. For once in my life, I didn't feel lonely.
_________________________________
Author's note:

Hello. The first chapter published! Vote and Comment what you think! Thank you for reading! Sorry if it isn't my best chapter.

Comment and vote!