↳ Craft A SuperFucking Dope Synopsis

I believe that a story's synopsis is one of the most important aspects to a well-developed story. The synopsis is the window to a story's soul. It tells the readers what they will get within the pages of your story and will dictate whether or not they decide to read forward. A carefully crafted synopsis will definitely aid in gaining reads here on Wattpad.

However, please be warned. Cultivating a synopsis that fully grasps your story's essence is not always easy. And if it's easy for you, then you're either a wizard, an extremely lucky person to have a knack for synopsis writing, or you're rushing through it and therefore producing low-quality work.

✖ WHERE TO BEGIN

WHERE TO BEGIN.

Before you can write your synopsis, you must know how your story will pan out. Yes, you can write the synopsis without fully knowing the pathway of your protagonist, but to ensure a beautifully crafted synopsis, I highly recommend knowing these following things:

          1. Who is your protagonist and what is it they need/want?

          2. What is the main conflict of your protagonist?

          3. How is your protagonist going to proceed?

          4. What is the character arc of your protagonist?

          5. Will your protagonist achieve their goal and assuage the main conflict?

          6. What is the theme(s) of your story, and what is it that you want your audience to learn by the time they're finished reading the book?

 What is the theme(s) of your story, and what is it that you want your audience to learn by the time they're finished reading the book?

Answer those 6 questions and keep them in your notes. You can always refer back to it if you feel like your story is swaying from its original plot. Besides those core 6 questions, knowing other facts about your protagonist and your story will be a good idea to add to your synopsis arsenal. Fact such as:

          ↳ Story setting. Is this a real town or a fictional place?

          ↳ What is the atmosphere of your story's setting? Is it a small-town feel, big city, predominantly Caucasian, low-income, etc.