f o r t y - s i x

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o r t y - s i x

It had been a few hours since Adah had found out her news, and she spent the most of it in her room, back sprawled out on the bed, eyes looking at the ceiling. Her lips couldn't stop curving into a smile, and her cheeks were flushed. She felt warm all over, in a good way. She felt happy, and it was indescribable what it felt like. She didn't know she could ever feel happy in this type of way. Her head was in another world, full of dreams, questions and wonders. She wondered if her pup was a girl or a boy, if they would look like her or Micajah, and what personality traits they'd have.

She hadn't seen Micajah yet, and she wasn't sure exactly how she was going to tell him. She didn't want to make a big deal of it, or do something over the top. She just wanted it to be a moment that they shared together, that was all natural. It wasn't like she wasn't telling him, for fear that her pregnancy wasn't certain – miscarriages didn't happen naturally to wolves, and females would only lose pups if it was their choice, or if they were physically harmed.

She sits up, hair tumbling down her shoulders and pooling down to her chest. She thinks to herself for a little longer, and she heads to seek her mate out. As expected, Micajah was in his office with Lena, and as soon as Adah had walked in, the plans they were going through were shoved in a draw, both wolves not looking her in the eye and not taking a risk of Adah finding out what they had in store for her.

Lena gives Adah a grin, as she heads out, planting a kiss on the female's cheek. Adah waves her off, slinging her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

"Hey," Micajah greets, as she comes over to him. He pulls her into his lap, an arm around her stomach. Adah's stomach flutters, and she's sure a blush has arisen on her cheeks.

"Hi," thinking again, and he runs his nose on the underside of her jaw, kissing her throat.

"We haven't really had time with each other, and I want to go on a date," Adah tells him, watching the silver flames in his eyes dance. He shrugs the dark locks of hair out of his face, brows furrowing. Adah's fingers caress his dark, warm skin. He awaits further for her to elaborate, his grip on her tightening.

"Another picnic," she mumbles, not looking at him, curls fringing before her face. Her eyes don't meet his, her stomach dancing in nervousness and excitement, fingers playing with the material of his jeans.

"You have to cook though," another mumble, watching amusement paint over his features, a chuckle falling from his lips.

"Of course. Any particular preferences my love?" he asks, voice soft to her. Adah thinks carefully, her dark eyes twinkling. She shakes her head, telling him to surprise her. He gives her a grin, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Would seven be okay for you?" he asks, after checking his schedule, and Adah nods, sliding off his lap.

By the time seven actually rolls around Adah has successfully taken one of the longest naps she had ever had. And she loved it. She didn't have any other duties for the day, as her morning had been filled with meetings. She had planned on spending the rest of her day with Uriah, watching him train the juvenile wolves, but sleep called to her and she fell to it without a complaint. Micajah had his own workload to finish up.

When she awakens again, she takes a long warm shower. Her headspace was clear. She knew what was next, and she couldn't wait. She was buzzing all over, fingers trembling at the thought of her being a mother. She smiles at the thought of Micajah as a father. He did so well with he pups in this pack and was so earnest for them to like him. It was adorable. There were so many good memories to come, and Adah couldn't wait.