f o r t y - o n e

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

f o r t y - o n e

Adah awakens to the sight of her mate sleeping next to her, finally at peace. Her heart warms, and she presses a kiss to the top of his head, the soft locks of hair tickling her face. It felt weird, waking up next to him without the worry or fear that he would have to eventually leave her again. She sits up, running a hand through her hair, letting it fall behind her back.

It just felt weird, that's the only way she could describe it. At one point during the last few months, she always felt that life would always revolve around fear, worrying and death. That it would never go back to normal.

But war was over.

And normality was back in, and she didn't know how to cope with it. The concept felt almost foreign to her head, and her stomach still swirls uneasily. Her eyebrows softly narrow, head trying to get used to it. She smiles to herself, now knowing that all her wishes and her dreams were reality.

They still had a lot to do, a lot of messes to clean up after this war, but the war was over. There'd be no more of it. Her and so many others, wouldn't have to worry about their loved ones, their other half and being separated from them. No more unnecessary blood would be spilled, and instead of bringing each other down, they could now unify and bring each other up, build stronger and closer ties. The monarch would have a huge role in ensuring that this would happen, in looking over the packs and helping the ones who took the strongest hits.

"It's too early for you to be doing all that thinking," Micajah yawns, his morning voice deep. Adah looks down to her mate, who was still laying down, silver eyes peeking through the mass of hair on his head.

Her lips curve, and he tugs her back in, curling his arms around her and pressing himself against her tightly. He kisses the underside of her ear.

"It's over. I'm not going anywhere my love. It's all over," and her lips turn into a soft smile.

"It feels weird," she admits, playing with his tattooed fingers, linking them with hers. He grins.

"It'll feel normal pretty soon. There was life before the war, and there will be life after it," nuzzling into her.

They spend the next hour just having a lie in, being lazy in bed, just like many other couples would have been too. They don't really talk, they just remain close, basking in each other's warmth and letting their wolves feel all loved up. Adah's the one to make the move to get up and out, much to Micajah's dismay. After getting ready, they both head down to the dining room.

The dining room was empty when they reached, just the two of them. Nothing had been set up either, and as soon as they enter one of the staff comes up with apologies, and that they'd get onto it straight away. Micajah waves it off, murmuring how it wasn't an issue.

They sit together, alone for a little while. Micajah tells Adah about how his day went down yesterday. The only difficult part was the tracking. The locations were slightly vague, so Micajah had to look through every inch of land for these wolves. The actual capturing was of no issue, and currently all members of the elder council were imprisoned in the palace grounds.

"When do you want to trial them?" Adah asks, tucking her hair behind her ears, eyes dark and intent.

"Next week. I want everyone just to wind down, and Jayden is in the process of sorting out their evidence. I also need to prep the plans for what will happen to the Elder Council, but I'll make that announcement to the pack, and in writing to send out to all the other packs," he mutters and Adah nods.