Father Peter #2

Sitting at the oak bar Y/N winced at the sticky placemat but she couldn't afford to be picky. It was either the sticky bar, near the loud pool table or with Niall O'shaughnessy the local slightly handsy drunkard. "Is this seat taken?" rolling her eyes at the interruption Y/N was about to give the intruder a piece of her mind but the sight of a dog collar shut her up really fast. "Of course Father." Smiling thankfully the man took a seat. "You seemed more approachable than... him." The dark haired male trailed off waving his hand in the direction of Niall. Taking a sip of her pint Y/N chuckled "Yeah you haven't got a pair of fucking tits so you'd be fine." Realising her phrasing Y/N gulped. "Shit sorry Father." Laughing Peter took a sip of his Guinness. "No it's alright." Smiling shyly Y/N nodded her y/h/c curls bouncing. A comfortable silence fell over the pair, an old hurling match replaying on the tv perched just behind the bar. "You're new around here aren't you?" Y/N quizzed already knowing the answer.

"That obvious?" Peter asked awkwardly. Shrugging the girl faced the man. "Oh no just an observation. Call me the Derry Sherlock." She joked but in reality she knew if he knew anything about Derry he'd know about Niall and more importantly her. "Can I get you another?" The older male pointed towards her empty pint glass. Checking her watch Y/N panicked realising the time. "I can't I'm sorry." Grabbing her jacket she'd delicately placed on the stool next to her Peter sighed nodding in understanding. "Ah boyfriend?" Stopping in her tracks Y/N tilted her head in confusion. "What?". Turning to face her Peter smiled awkwardly. "You've got a boyfriend?". Shaking her head wildly Y/N giggled. "No Father I don't I've just got places to be and someone I don't want to see." Hoping to keep her identity anonymous just a little while longer. Technically her Da had threatened and would kick her arse if he saw her here even if Patrick didn't care about her being there. Patrick often said she brought more traffic into the pub but that just meant men came to stare or flirt with her. Something that usually made her skin crawl but it was this or drinking at the bridge like a loser.

And if she hadn't come in she wouldn't have met Peter. Much to her Mother's displeasure Y/N refused to go to church anymore. Patting her pocket for a pen the y/h/c girl leaned over the bar to grab a post-it note and scribbled her number across it. Brushing her hair away from her face she handed the note over before kissing his cheek and leaving.

Smiling down at her Nokia Y/N reread the text that had just come though. Since she'd give her number to Peter they had been talking all weekend. Munching on a piece of cremated at best toast Y/N ignored her Sister and friends as they all scrambled about going on about their exams or something. She hadn't wanted to stay at the Quinn's since the exams weren't hers but with her Sister and Cousin going her Ma and Da wanted a night off.

The detour to school pissed her off so she left them behind babbling on about a smirking statue or something else pathetic. Now if you hadn't guessed by now you would probably mirror Peter's shocked expression when the girl he'd spent all weekend fantasising in multiple situations most of which were not family friendly walked through the office door holding a stack of paperwork donning the green uniform of a school girl. "Sister Michael here's the letters you wanted. I noticed Mrs Donovan had a couple of spelling mistakes in there so I fixed them up for you." Nodding in approval Sister Michael smiled. Ground breaking I know but Y/N Mallon was the only student she could actually spend time with without wondering what on God's green earth made her go into education. "Thank you Miss Mallon. This is Father Peter... Something or other." The Nun waved her hand in a dismissive way. Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear the young girl smiled. "It's nice to meet you Father." Subtly sending a wink his way before leaving Peter breathless yet again.