James #4

A/N I know I know its been an age since I've updated or written anything Derry Girls at all so I really hope this is okay I've been in a funk for a while but hopefully that's over now so the D.D fanfic should fingers crossed be updated soon this was requested on my tumblr x

"What are you going to do?" Michelle asked her usually harsh tone gentle for once. Staring at the life changing piece of plastic Y/N shrugged, still unable to find her voice. "But seriously James of all people?!" Michelle chuckled from her spot on the bathroom counter. "Chelle don't it's not funny." Pulling a face Michelle rolled her eyes "Well it kinda is I mean literally everyone though James was gay." Spilling out a giggle the y/h/c girl sighed resting her head on the bathroom door. "In all seriousness though if you go to England please don't turn into my Aunt Kathy I can not be related to another English prick!" Scoffing the older girl pushed herself off the floor and washed her hands again. "I didn't even know you were dating?" Michelle continued she really wanted to shut up but the awkward silence was starting to get to her. "We're not, it was Jenny Joyce's party at the start of summer." A pink blush filled her cheeks as she thought back to that night. The creaking of the door caused the two girls to look up. "GET OUT MOTHERFUCKER!!" Michelle yelled at a poor innocent first year who looked like she was about to cry. "Chelle don't yell at her." Turning to face the younger girl Y/N smiled weakly "It's alright Sweetheart go ahead we were just leaving." Grabbing their bags Michelle laughed "God you're already turning into a Mam jesus all it took was a positive test...or three." the dark haired girl trailed off.

The bell rang for lunch just as the two girls walked out the bathroom thank god they had managed to leave history 10 minutes early. "So when you going to tell him?" Michelle asked pushing some of the younger years out of her way. Shrugging the y/h/c frowned "Like now?" She gingerly stated as they walked into the small area of lockers the group usually ate at. Not even bothering to sit down Y/N smiled awkwardly at the group as Michelle chucked their bags on a chair before launching herself on Erin and Orla. "Um James can i talk to you?" she mumbled not able to look him in the eyes before walking off to the hallway filled with lockers. "What's up?" James asked a red tint flushing his pale face. "Look James, I like you so I won't beat around the bush. I'm pregnant." Y/N told him confidently, trying to keep her panic firmly inside. "Oh um congrats?" James replied uncomfortably fiddling with his blazer. "No I mean I'm pregnant and it's yours?!" Y/N cringed, brushing her hair out of her face. A look of realisation dawned on the English boy. "Oh." was all he could get out. "Look I get it it's scary believe me i know. But if you don't want anything to do with me I get it okay." Y/N attempted to comfort the boy who looked like he could pass out.

Shaking his head James frowned "What? I wouldn't leave you alone." Looking at the girl James frowned again. "Look I know you don't like me like that but we're in it together okay. I won't be an invisible Dad." Mulling over his words the girl smiled "That sounds good." Leaning again the metal lockers Y/N continued "But I do like you. Did you not know that?" she asked, shocked that her feelings hadn't been obvious. "James, it hurt when you went gaga over Katya. I wanted you to ask me to Prom but you had that Dr Who thing and it seemed important to you. Well more important then a stupid dance. But then you came with Erin and I got so jealous but I realised you were just being an amazing friend." Walking closer to the boy Y/N blushed a small grin on her face. "In fact I'd say I love you even if you are English." Looking deeply into his darker eyes Y/N tilted her head slightly something she always did when she was debating something. Leaning forward she placed her cherry lips on his feeling slightly awkward when he didn't kiss back. Pulling away she freaked out "I'm so sorr" she managed to get out before his lips found hers. He tasted like peppermint and breakfast tea and she wouldn't change it for the world.