David Donnelly #4 FINAL

"It will be alright, don't worry." David mumbled softly against Y/N's locks squeezing her thigh reassuringly. "They took the initial new's somewhat well eh?" the dark haired boy added flicking his eyes over to the younger Quinn sat across from the pair glaring. David wasn't sure if it was directed at him or not and to be quite honest he didn't want to know. Laughing sadly Y/N shrugged "As well as they could have." she replied quietly. After the name reveal of who'd dared to get her into this situation and the half an hour needed to absorb the news Mary had practically frogmarched the girl to the telephone to invite the boy over. "I love your daughter Mr & Mrs Quinn, I apologise we're meeting under these circumstances." David stated awkwardly from his spot next to the girl accepting the mug of tea Mary offered him. It was interesting to see David nervous, he'd gone all out to impress Y/N's family, he'd ditched the flannel and scuffed sneakers, removed the infamous cigarette usually tucked precariously behind his ear and even brushed his normally messy hair.

"And I guess I should be thankful for that?" Mary replied sharply before returning to her perfect hostess smile. "Mammy please, he's making an effort." Y/N groaned at her mother quickly defending the boy she'd grown to deeply love. The silence was painful, nothing but the old grandfather clock ticking filling the air. Y/N had never noticed how noisy the clock could be before now, the wooden object seemed arrogant, almost ecstatic and enjoying revelling in the stillness. "Look at the positive Mary, he's not from Dublin." Granda Joe declared roughly yet again sliding in a dig at his poor son-in-law. "And he's a Catholic!" Y/N added hoping the fact would win David some extra brownie points before the intense questioning occurred. Y/N Quinn had never brought a boy home to meet the family, mainly due to the fear of embarrassment and either her Mother or sometimes psychotic sister Erin causing the boy in hypothetical question to run screaming from the family home never to be seen again so was struggling to read the look on her parents faces.

Clearing his throat David tried to hide his growing anxiety he'd managed to eliminate standing at the front door of the Quinn residence. "I know you might not like me now but I promise I'm going to look after her." David said assertively locking eyes with Gerry. "In fact I only came out of politeness." The older boy said boldly standing from the sofa nervously dropping to his knee. "Y/N Quinn I love you and I want to be there for you every step of the way. So if you'll have me, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

Tilting her head in confusion Y/N wondered for a second if she was hallucinating, but no there was David on one knee in her family's front room ring in hand. The sight of the dark haired man seemed to be a surprise for everyone. "Yes! David Donnelly, I would love to marry you." Y/N whispered happily brushing the escaping tears making paths down her face. "An autumn wedding, how beautiful. It will have to be an autumn wedding before hiding it becomes impossible." Mary interrupted, the blonde woman starting to ramble out loud. Some say a situation is only as bad as you make it, maybe they're right. Gerry hadn't planned to walk his daughter down the aisle at 17 or pregnant but here they were, Mary hadn't planned on orchestrating a wedding at such short notice. But nobody could have foreseen Erin. "No! He can't marry you!" Erin yelled spitefully, still slouched in her chair as a scowl sat on her pale face. "You don't deserve him! He was mine and you knew that!" Erin continued shooting daggers at her older sister before storming off.