Chapter 22:

Morgan

I woke up with a pounding headache. I groaned turning over patting the bed trying to find my phone.

"It's dead. I put it on the charger." I look up seeing Nee sitting on the bed next to me.

"What?" I croaked out. I cleared my throat. "What are you doing here?"

"Here." She said handing me two Tylenols and a glass of water.

"Ya hangover shouldn't be that bad since I made you throw most of the shit up then drank lots of water." I nodded.

"Thanks. How did you get here tho?"

"You called me while you were drunk, in the middle of the night. You just kept crying and crying and I didn't understand a word you were saying."

I cringed seeing her red eyes. "I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"Why the fuck are you actin so hard, like everything is okay? You wanna breakdown and cry fuckin call me and we can cry together, but becoming so fuckin drunk that you can barely fuckin function is not okay. Imagine if I wouldn't have came? Imagine if you didn't call me? Imagine if you would have got into your fuckin car!?" She finished shouting as she cried making me cry.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I said over and over again hugging her.

"Just promise me you will stop before you get ahead of yourself."

I nodded. "I promise."

She stared at me for awhile before nodding wiping her face.

"You better hurry up you only have an hour to be dressed and get Michael to make it to Mogul's visit on time." She said.

I nodded standing up. I pulled at the big tshirt I had on.

"Why do I have tshirt on and whose is it- fuck!" I said tripping over something. I froze landing on Eric. "What the fuck is Eric doing on my floor?"

"Fuck, move Morg ya knee is in my balls." He said sitting up making me shift off him.

"To answer your first question, you were naked when I got her so I threw the first thing I found on you which was obviously his shirt. And judging by the fact that he was passed out drunk on the floor when I got here and you were both naked... yeah, put two and two together."

"No." I said palming my face.

"I remember you saying nobody besides Ron was gonna ever have the privilege, guess that's out the window now." I cringed hearing her say that. "Better hurry up or you know Mogul is gonna be pissed. Oh and I'm guessing you called Ron last night and when he didn't answer you called me because he has been calling ya phone all morning."

I nodded standing up heading towards my bathroom, but I stopped turning around watching as Eric groaned walking out of my bedroom.

"Eric." I called.

He turned around holding his head.

"What did you say? Yesterday to Unique. What was your answer?"

His face soften as he reached up and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Nevermind." I mumbled smiling sadly at him knowing he has to do what he has to do.

"Are you okay? Your eyes are bright red." Asia asks as she hands me Micheal's bag.

I nodded. "As okay as I can be. I gotta hurry tho so we'll see you."

"Bye mom." Micheal said hugging her.

I pulled out my phone as I got out in the car.

"Hey." I said through the phone trying to sound normal as I answered the phone.

"What the fuck Mo? Got me over here worried sick about yo ass. You call me at two in the morning, then don't answer all my fuckin calls."

"I probably called on accident."

"Mo."

"I promise I'm okay." or at least I will be.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"You've never been a good liar, but I trust ya to tell me when you're ready."

I smiled watching Michael and Mogul interact. At first Michael tried to act shy and quiet knowing he's not, but he eventually warmed up to him.

"You fly as shit lil dude who be having you fly like this?" Mogul asks him.

"Mommy. She always take me to get the newest shoes because she said you would."

"Mommy huh?" Mogul nodded. "Where she work?" He asks me.

"Never asked, shit never even thought about it before." I shrugged.

He nodded. "Find that out for me and get her account information and transfer money over. I might not be there physically everyday but I wanna be there financially."

We talked until it was time for the visit to be over. We stood up when the guard was coming. Michael hugged his dad tight not letting him go.

"Noooo." He said when Mogul tried to put him down.

"Aye, I'ma call your mommy's phone everyday to talk to you okay?" Mogul said nodding as Michael looked sad but nodded too.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Mogul then pulled me into a hug. "What's up?" He said pointing to my eyes.

I sighed. "I'm okay Mogul."

"You never were a good liar." He said.

I sighed walking into my house. I spent the rest of the day meeting with my instructor at beauty school. Luckily she agreed to work with me one on one outside of school time so I could catch up on the week that I missed.

I'm not going to give up. I'ma keep pushing myself. I don't wanna disappoint myself or any of the people around me anymore then I feel I already have.

Morgan will do better from here on out.

I sat my food down on the coffee table while putting Netflix on to the tv.

I grabbed my ringing phone.

"Hello." I answered drinking my sprite.

"I met with a lawyer today. She said something has come up and they wanna open my case back up." Mogul said all nonchalant and calmly.

I gulp my soda too fast and ended up choking. I coughed and coughed until I got myself together.

"Why don't you sound happy about this isn't this a good thing?" I asked clearing my throat.

"For what? I don't wanna go thru the same shit all over again for the same fuckin results shit maybe even worst results."

"You shouldn't think negative. This could be a good thing. There is no shame in trying. We never know the outcome might be good."

He sighed. "I guess you might be right. The bitch seemed like she was serious about this. She'll be calling you in a week to set up a meeting with the both of us."

"Don't call the lady a damn bitch Mogul." I said rolling my eyes. "Did she say how this happened? Who even fuckin hired her?"

"That, I don't know."