Chapter 1:

Morgan

I walked out of the jail pissed off. My brother got his visits taken away from him once again. He was probably fighting, again. He doesn't care about rules in there since he's gonna be there for life, but I care. Going to his visits every week is what keeps me sane and keeps me going.

I thought back to when he had got taken in five years ago. I was seventeen and he was 22. Even tho the rest of his life is going to be in a jail cell we deal because it could have been worse.

He could have got the death penalty.

I sighed getting into my car and started driving to the diner where I'm meeting my homegirl Nee.

"Hey boo." She said standing up to hug me.

"Hey, hey." I said hugging her back before sitting down.

"I thought it was suppose to be just us." I ask looking at her boyfriend Q, also one of my brother's realest homies.

"Well damn, tell me how you really feel about a nigga Morgz." He asked holding his heart.

I chuckled. "You know you like my second brother, but I only like you sometimes." I honestly did because he runs any and everything back to my brother that he thinks is going on with me.

"You never smile." Q randomly said staring at me. "Or when you do it's not genuine."

I shrugged.

"Ever since Mogul got locked up she rarely does anymore." Nee said then looked up. "Unless he's around."

I scrunched up my face confused at who she was referring to until I heard his voice.

"You gotta smile Mo." I heard his deep voice before I saw him. I turn smiling almost unaware and unintentionally.

I stood up and hugged Kahron. He held my waist long. I hit his shoulder for him to let me go. He chuckled letting me go. He bit his lip looking down at me.

"Stop." I blushed. He always does this making me blush, knowing I hate feeling all giddy.

"I'ma damn sure be hitting ya phone later." He said.

"Yeah you do that." I said sitting back down as he dapped up Q and mushed Nee's head, they're cousins that can barely stand each other.

He's the only person besides my brother that can make me smile genuinely, but I don't want anything more than what we have; something casual.

"Damn who's she?" I heard a voice ask Q as we all walked out of the diner.

I looked up seeing a darkskin dude. He was cute, but I heard of him. Nigga got a baby to his best friend. I don't want no parts.

"That's Morgz, Mogul's little sister." I rolled my eyes heading to my car.

"Damn can't even give a nigga a chance to introduce himself." The dude said jogging to catch up to me. He was too good looking with perfect teeth. I had to give him props there.

"Nah, I guess not."

"I'm Eric." He said holding his hand out.

I stared at it. "Yeah, the nigga with a baby mama that's the best friend, right? I'll pass."

"You don't know me lil mama."

"True." I said shrugging getting into my car.

"Why you turn down Eric like that?" Nee asked over the phone causing me to roll my eyes. "You need to give some dude a chance since Ron only wants to fuck."

I cringed hearing her say that because it wasn't true, at all, not even a little bit. I was the one who wanted to keep it casual. Kahron would make me his girl to show off to the world in heartbeat, but ever since my brother got locked up I'm not interested in love.

"He has a baby mama." I said wanting to keep the subject focused on Eric.

"So?"

"That's his best friend."

"Soooooo?"

"That means he was fuckin his best friend, which means they'll fuck again. I'll pass."

"Well I gave him ya number and he's gonna be calling you sooonnn." She said before hanging up.

"Oh I can't stand this hoe." I mumble when I called her back and she didn't answer.

"You fuckin bitch!" I answer the phone as it rings thinking it was Nee calling back.

"So that's how you feel about your brother?" Mogul's voice came through the phone with a chuckle.

"My bad." I laughed lightly. "I thought you was Nee calling back, bitch hung up on me."

"Y'all still be beating bitches the fuck up?" He laughed.

"No, don't do us like that, we did not."

"What? Yeah, y'all did. Me, Q, and Shawn use to tell y'all to trash bitches and y'all would without hesitation."

"That is so fuckin embarrassing, y'all had us acting like some damn hoodrats."

"Yeah, but if we didn't do that y'all probably would have grown up to be punks that couldn't fight."

"True, but we grown now and only fighting bitches if we got a legit reason to."

"As you should." He said right before the machine let us know we had two minutes left. "Nutass nonfunctioning phone never gives you the time you're suppose to have."

"Oh and don't think you slick getting ya visits taken away, you know I hate that shit."

He chuckled. "That's why I was calling you, make sure you here next weekend."

"Mhmm. You better stop fighting in there too. I love you."

"I love you too." He said back.

I don't know how I made it five years without him being physically here, but I made it and I'ma continue to make it.